What type of MBA should I do if I am interested in part time MBA course?

Interested in becoming an actor or a singer? Wondering which is the most suitable MBA for this career? Here, read the responses from experts and resolve your worries.

I want to be an actor/singer so I am working on it from my side. However I would like to pursue a part time MBA so that I can have it as a career backup.
    So can you suggest me what type of MBA should I do based on my interests and which college or university will be best place for it?
  • #149310
    I think as you are interested in Singing/ Acting, MBA in a related field like Event Management may be good to you. This course you can do as a part-time course in distance mode.

Some of the distance education institutes in India offering AICTE approved/UGC recognized distance MBA course are-

Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
    Narsee Monjee - NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education
    IMT-Centre for Distance Learning (IMT-CDL) Ghaziabad
    Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
    Bharathidasan University - Centre for Distance Education
    ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad
    Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim
    Amity University
    Annamalai University, Tamilnadu
    Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak

Some of these institutes may not have Event Management. In such case you can opt for any other related area.

• #150843
    Please do note that there are a few institutes that offer a PGDM course, duly recognized by the Government of India, and the AICTE. Kindly note that only such courses have a huge amount of freedom to select a huge number of electives in every specialization, including marketing.

You should then choose an elective that resembles Event Management. May be, the description of the elective may differ, but you can search for the electives from the prospectus or the website of these kind of institutes. In Mumbai, the number of B schools that offer you such a specialization, is so huge. It is even possible for you to find more than one elective related to event management.

In cities like Chennai, a few private institutes have started courses in Event Management. These are available as part time, or weekend courses. You can get a lot of information through the internet.

Kindly network with other professionals in the field, so that you get the right information. Since I do not know the city you are based in, you will do well to explore the various options available. Regarding the distance education courses, they might give you some ideas, but the distance education courses do not concentrate on case studies, which is a vital input for real world related learning.

You can also meet with reputed people in the field like A R Rahman, or understand how they manage their professional affairs. This will give you some idea about the ecosystem, as it applies to you.