It's nice you want to gift your wife. As your query is concerned there are many companies which are sold worldwide and proved their brands like Prestige, Pigeon, Butterfly, Hawkins.
Actually, these companies have service worldwide and even have warranty these cookers are known as best in the pressure cooker. But you have not mentioned the capacity you wish to gift. The pressure cooker capacity starts from 2.5 liters to 10 liters. The price also belongs as per the capacity you select.
Some of the points you need to keep in mind before purchasing a pressure cooker and when you start using it.
1) Select the best brand among the ones which is mentioned above. They have better service in Kerala and worldwide.
2) Don't go for a local company which is having service only in Kerala.
3) Select the capacity which is required for your family.
4) Always select a cooker with nonstick, Teflon base or aluminum. Don't go for steel pressure cookers.
5) Check the safety valve if it can be replaced. Because recent have fixed which cannot be replaced.
6) The pressure cooker should have handles on both the sides so that when it is hot we can use both our hands to lift it.
7) Before using it always read the instruction manual which is inside the pack.
8) When you start using always wash the lid thoroughly with water so that the whistle windpipe is not blocked by foodstuff when cooking. Because sometimes such blockage may cause a blast of a cooker.
9) If the whistle doesn't come up in few minutes then close the flame and allow the cooker to cool and then check. Don't try to open the lid when the flame is burning, due to pressure created inside may cause you damage.
10) Keep all the ingredients which must be cooked in the cooker and then lit the flame.
11) It makes your cooking fast but some precautionary measures have to take in all types of equipment.
As you asked in your query that other than cooker what else we can give? Gifting anybody especially to your close ones must depend on how frequent they will use it and the occasion you want to gift. Suppose if it's your marriage anniversary buy a gift to the house which will help her and even to you also like a refrigerator, LED TV, Table fan, etc. Suppose if it's her birthday then you can give her saree, Jewel set, or whichever she wished to buy from long and was unable to buy. Your gift should always be within your budget and even useful to the person whom you gift.