Regarding the criteria for post preference in SSC CHSL

Confused of various stages of SSC CHSL examination and the difference between Skill test and Typing test conducted by SSC? Check this ISC page to know from our experts to get it clarified.

I was not asked for any post preference when I filled up SSC CHSL application form.Now I came to know that in tier 3, there will be a skill test for DEO post and typing test for other posts.Although I know that both tests are quite similar but I want to know that whether I have to appear for skill test ,for typing test or for both?On what basis my post preference be chosen by SSC?
  • #149548
    You have to get qualified in Tier 1. Then you will attend the Tier 2. The SSC will decide cut off marks for each position and based on the marks obtained they will announce the people who are qualified for the posts of DEO and Typis will be asked to attend the skill test also in tier 3 examination. So you need not especially give any preference of posts in the application form. If there is any item left unfilled, the application can't get submitted and ask the individual to fill that column also.

• #149567
    Typing Test is mandatory only for the post of Tax Assistant in Income tax department and CBEC. The speed required is about 30 words per minute. You will be given a hard copy of a passage of about 2000 keystrokes and you will have to type it in 15 minutes.

There is another test called Computer Proficiency Test for the posts of Assistant in CSS, Assistant in MEA, Examiner/Preventive Officer/Excise Inspector in CBEC.

The question of appearing in the Typing Rest and Computer Proficiency Test depends upon your rank/performance in the Tier 2 examination and cut-off marks fixed by SSC for each category of post.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.