Yes, you can change the caste name in 10 th Mark sheet. To do the same please follow the following steps:
1. Contact you DEO office and submit an application to change the caste in 10th mark sheet. Provide the proof of your caste as you already have caste certificate. Also attached you 10 th mark sheet along with the application.
2. After verifying your documents, DEO will order the principal of your school to change the caste in scholar register.
3. Once your principal will change the caste in scholar register, you will have to submit an online form to change the caste in mark sheet. You will have to pay some charges for the same which is different for different boards.
4. You have to attach the following documents along with your application:
a. 10 th mark sheet
b. Photocopy of scholar register.
c. Caste certificate
d. Certificate of your school principal
5. After submitting the online form, you will get a new corrected mark sheet within 15 days through your school principal.
Yes, this is authentic answer. The DEO has the right for ordering the correction in name, father's name, DOB, caste, etc after the verification of documents. In Neemuch district of Madhya Pradesh DEO has ordered many times for such type of cases. DEO also has to approve the application for printing new mark sheet.
Honesty is the best policy.