• Category: Teaching Jobs

LLM criteria to become a Law Professor!

Aspiring to become a law professor? Searching for the eligibility criteria and have a query about LLM? Here, find answers from experts for all your concerns.

I want to be a law teacher. I just gave my LLB exams for last year. I know that to become a professor I need to complete LLM and then NET/SET or PHD! I am confused in two things about LLM.
    1. Whether external LLM is eligible to become a professor or Internal LLM?
    2. The Pune University providing facility for one year of LLM internally. So, one year LLM is satisfactory to become a professor of Law or not?
  • #150291
    Once you complete your LLB, you have to complete LLM for going for a teaching post.
    The LLM Common Professional Examination, also known as the Graduate Diploma in Law, is a course for non-law graduates wanting a fast-track pathway to al law qualification. Once this course is completed you will have a dual purpose qualification that completes the academic stage of legal training to progress onto the Legal Practice Course (LPC) or Bars Professional Training Course (BPTC) and an LLM (Master in Laws). As you have already completed LLB, you can directly join into Masters degree which is two years duration. Then only you will become eligible for Professor post. LLM of one-year duration is a gateway for joining to a masters degree. You can refer to our list of law colleges in India in case you need any help in selecting the best college.

• #150336
    To teach law at higher education, you may required a degree above and beyond your undergraduate degree. It is useful for you if you have further education specialized certificates. Master of law is becoming increasingly useful for teaching law in college and universities. LLM(Master of Law) is 2 year duration programme which you can do after completing your graduation. As you already completed LLB so now you can apply for higher studies LLM. Instead of teaching there are many options after LLM, you can also work with NGO. You may also require of the legal professional qualifications such as BPTC or LPC for becoming Solicitor. You can also become a judge as well if you clear the exam conducted by public service commissions.