Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS) is a 4.5- years duration undergraduate course in the field of Integrative Medicine that covers the study of both traditional Naturopathy Medicine and Modern Medicine. The course includes the mandatory completion of a Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship of 1-year duration.
Top Institutes offering this course are:
Sai Nath University, Ranchi
Madhav University, Sirohi
CMJ University, Shillong
Sunrise University, Alwar
SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
For students willing to pursue the BNYS course, a number of medical colleges and universities are available in both private and government sectors. The curriculum is taught in English and at some places, Sanskrit too is used as an additional language.
The minimum requirement of eligibility for the pursuance of the course is the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream.
Such professionals can find lucrative employment in areas like:
1. Lectureship in medical universities, colleges.
2. Professorship/ Readership/ Yoga Teaching/ Yoga Registered Medical Practice.
3,Hospital Administration/ Naturopathy Practice/ General Practice/ Health Secretaryship.
4. Nutrition/ Dietetics, Obstetrics, gynecology.
5.Acupuncture/ Neuro-Physiology/ Spa practice
6.National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) under AYUSH system of medicine, as well as Modern Medicine.
7. Specialty clinics targeting individual disorders like Bariatrics (Obesity, Psycho Neurology (Stress), (Allergology) Allergy, Palliative Medicin, Back Pain, Dietology (Diet Counselling), Reproductive Medicine, Lifestyle (Addictive Medicine & Narcology, De-Addiction (Rehabilitative Medicine), Rehabilitation (Medical, Psychiatry and Post-Surgery Cases)
8. Stress management and lifestyle management consulting in corporate hospitals and holistic wellness centres.
9. Pre-clinical specialization
12.Non-clinical specialist in healthcare establishments
13.Hospitals in Army, Navy, Air Force, and Paratroops.