• Category: Electronic Items

Which Smartphone should I buy for my optimum use?

Want to have a Smartphone to make it useful at optimum level and confused of choosing the better one? Our ISC experts would guide you properly and check this page to know more about it.

I had asked a question in this section 'How to solve the issue of phone shutting off'.
    In case the phone cannot be repaired, then I have to buy a new phone. My family suggest that I go for a standard, branded and reliable durable phone now.

My present use of phone is:
    Voice calls, SMS, Whats app, taking photos occasionally and uploading or sharing them in Whats app, other devices. I actively use a news app daily, occasionally surf net also - but using another handset, which has been used and discarded by my son. That set also is more than three years old and had been repaired after some issues.

In the new phone to be purchased I may additionally need to use video-calls, take and store more photos , may use email, use net banking, use banking/financial apps ,travel ticket booking apps etc. That means I should have a phone of more suitable RAM and ROM for apps, better cameras and sufficient storage space. I would like to expand the storage externally also. It should have OTG too.

Kindly suggest a suitable, durable, reliable, easily repairable/serviceable, handset optimum for the above needed functions and needs, within affordable/budget price.
  • #151149
    Today market is flooded with different types and make of mobile smart phones. The price is also a factor making them prohibitively attractive.

It becomes really difficult to decide as model to model the specs differ slightly and performance is also almost similar.

In such a situation I believe that going for very high end models is also not much desirable as technology is fast changing and models are becoming old in 2-3 years.

Fròm my experience I can suggest for Samsung J7, Moto G5 plus and Lenovo K8 plus which are good value for money and their prices are in Rs. 10000 range.

The final selection depends upon the choice of the buyer and the get up and looks he may prefer.

• #151154
    There are many types of mobiles on the market. In my house, everyone is having a different model mobile. Why I said this is preferences changes. From the last six months, I am using Moto G5 plus model phone. I have no complaint so far and perfectly working. The camera is good. There are two cameras. Dual SIm model. Good voice clarity. Good Picture clarity and very good to carry as the weight is also reasonable. I am using this for all the activities you have mentioned namely video-calls, take and store more photos, email, net banking, banking/financial apps, travel ticket booking apps etc. It will be very good for you. The rate is also reasonable around Rs.10000/-. You can get the features of this phone on the company's website.

• #151155
    There are many budget smartphones (Samsung, Redmi, Moto). You can consider

1.Samsung On7 Pro (Rs8000)
    This budget phone comes with a 13 MP primay and 5MP rear camera. It has a 5.5 inch dispaly screen. It's powered by a snapdragon 1.2GHz quad core processor. It has a 2GB ram and 16GB memory that can be extended to 128GB. It has a dual micro SIM option with a 3000mAH battery and comes with a 1 year warranty.
    Disadvantage: some reports of quick battery discharge. Only 2GB RAM

2.The Redmi 5 (Rs 9000)
    14.4 cm (5.7) 18:9 Full screen display, 2.5D curved glass
    Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 450 octa-core processor with 14nm FINFET technology
    It has a 12MP primary camera and a 5MP front camera. It has a long lasting 3300mAh battery. Redmi 5 has a 3GB RAM with 32GB memory. You can extend up to 128GB. It has two nano sim slots and has Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor. It has a 5.7 inch large display screen and comes with 1 year warranty.
    Disadvantage: some reports of average camera quality.

3.Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt (Rs10,000)
    This phone has a 5.5 display screen, a 13 MP rear and 5MP front camera with 2GB RAM and a 16 GB ROM. You can extend the memory upto256 GB. It has a 3000 mAH battery and a Octoa-core 1.6GHz processor. It also has a 1 year warranty.
    Disadvantage. Only 2GB RAM.

1.Samsung On7 Pro (Rs8000)

2.The Redmi 5 (Rs 9000)

4.Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt (Rs10,000)
    Disadvantage. Only 2GB RAM.

4.The Moto G5 plus is also a good budget phone and has similar features as mentioned above. The major reported problem is automatic disconnection form Wi-Fi networks and camera launching issues (slow to launch or crash). The price is around 10000 for the G5s and 13000 for the G5 plus model.

You can choose from any of the above, I would go with Samsung/Moto G5 plus.

• #151166
    There are so many models and brands are nowadays available in the market. It is really difficult to select the best out of them.

Still depending upon the use and budget one can go for models of standard companies like Samsung, Vivo, Motorola, Nokia etc.

Some of the good models in mid range that is for a budget of Rs 8000-12000 are as follows -
    Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Motorola Moto G6 Play, Lenovo K8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime and Vivo Y71.

When we go to purchase mobile from the dealer or shopkeeper, he will show us equally versatile old models at discounted rate. We should not go for them as the latest models itself are getting old in a fast pace.

• #151174
    While looking for the the best smart - phones, it is not necessary to buy a costly one since whatever is bought becomes obsolete with the time.
    However, we have to examine the camera- quality, better - reception quality, should have better memory and at the same time a better battery - life.
    A smart - phone costing around Rs 10000/- from Samsung, Vivo, Motorola, Redmi etc would serve the purpose of the customer.
    Being a customer of a smart - phone, one should never compare the performance of one' mobile with others but should consider a good display - screen, rear and front cameras with an excellent RAM and ROM values and the battery - life should not be less than 3000 mAH.
    One would get all the workable features within the range of Rs 9000- Rs 14000/- from the brands mentioned above.

• #151178
    1. Xgody X1 pro : This 5.5-inch Full HD+ touchscreen with 1920x1080 pixels display resolution. Price of this phone is Rs 5000. Xgody X1 Pro has Android 7.0 (Nougat) operating System (OS) and powered by 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory (ROM). The storage capacity can be expanded up to 128 GB through a MicroSD Card. It has a non removal battery with 5100 mAh capacity and clocked by Quad-core Processor. Xgody X1 Pro smartphone has 13 MP rear or primary Camera and 8-megapixel front facing Selfie Camera with Auto focus, Flash, and HD Recording (Yes). Its dimensions are 75.8 mm X 155.4 mm X 7.3 mm

2. Motorola Moto G5s Plus : Price : Rs 16000 Dual Sim, VoLTE, 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, NFC
    Octa Core, 2 GHz Snapdragon 625 Processor
    4 GB RAM, 64 GB inbuilt
    3000 mAh Battery
    5.5 inches, 1080 x 1920 px display
    13 MP Dual Rear + 8 MP Front Camera
    Memory Card (Hybrid)
    Android, v7.1

3. Coolpad Cool Play 6 : Price : Rs 15000
    Dual Sim, VoLTE, 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi
    Octa Core, 1.95 GHz Snapdragon 653 Processor Processor
    6 GB RAM, 64 GB inbuilt
    4060 mAh Battery
    5.5 inches, 1080 x 1920 px display
    13 MP Dual Rear + 8 MP Front Camera
    Memory Card Not Supported
    Android, v7.1.1

4. Xiaomi Mi Max 2 : Price : Rs 17000
    Dual Sim, VoLTE, 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi
    4 GB RAM, 64 GB inbuilt
    5300 mAh Battery
    6.44 inches, 1080 x 1920 px display
    12 MP Rear + 5 MP Front Camera
    Memory Card (Hybrid)
    Android, v7.1.1

5. Lenovo K8 Note : Price : Rs 14000
    Dual Sim, LTE, 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi
    Deca Core, 2.3 GHz MediaTek Helio X23 Processor
    4 GB RAM, 64 GB inbuilt
    4000 mAh Battery
    5.5 inches, 1080 x 1920 px display
    13 MP Dual Rear + 13 MP Front Camera
    Memory Card Supported
    Android, v7.1.1

• #151393
    Hawie P20 Lite is most recommended by geeks. The phone is an iPhone X-like notch up-top which comes with a 1080p+ display, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage (expandable as per your preferences), latest Android software (Oreo 8.0), dual rear cameras, a whopping 24-megapixel front camera and a sizeable 3,000mAh battery with support for fast charging. This model isn't more expensive P20 Pro, the P20 Lite does have a headphone jack and has a lot going for itself.

One can read the review online before buying this. Comparing and considering your camera requirements, backup power, display size and budget. I would recommend this to buy from Amazon because there is a discount offer Goin on.

Hackers never learns but always wins!