• Category: Science and Technology

Requirements to install KU/C band dish

Interested in installing KU/C band dish? Searching for detailed set of requirements? Here, find suggestions from experts to install the band dish.

I want to install KU/C band dish. Other than the dish and a mpeg 4 set top box, is anything more needed? If I want to install it on my laptop what do I need?
    Please tell me both requirements of: TV and laptop. Can I use any brand's dish and mpeg 4 set top box? Is there anything better than KU/C band dish?
  • #152105
    A. I want to install KU/C band dish.

Satellites are used for civil, military, communication and entertainment purposes.Both the dishes you are interested are used to capture signals from a relay point to the TV or Laptop via the satellite access. But C band is different from a Ku band dish

1.C band
    First to be launced,the frequency range is around 4 gigahertz. The C band telecast wave have longer wavelengths and shorter frequency. Because of this the dishes are relatively larger in size (diameter) ( prime focus dish of 1.8 metres is used).

2.Ku band is a newer realy option because C band got crowded. Here the frequencies have 5 digits with a range of around 12 giga hertz. The Ku band waves have shorter wavelengths and higher frequency. For this reason the dish size is around 30cm-65 cms, the dishes are called as offest dish.

B. Please tell me both requirements of: TV and laptop. Can I use any brand's dish and mpeg 4 set top box?

We need to know whether it will be for personal use or comerrical use as a satellite TV operator. We also need to know the geographic region, whether you are located in a densely crowded area, hilly region etc.

In simple terms the Ku band is ecnomical vs the C band for installation, the only expensive component is the cost for the bandwidth that you will have to pay every month.

The components needed from A to B are

1. Programming source. THis is taken care by the big companies (TV networks like Star or HBO etc)> I will not elaborate more

2. Broadcast Central Hub. The provider of the service captures signals from various channels(compnent One) and then a broadcast signal is beamed, this is picked up the satellites within the range.

3.Satellites: the job is to pick up the signal and broadcast back to Earth at a point that is physically located at a variable distance from 1 & 2

4.End Point dish: This is the one you have to invest in. This picksup the signals from the satellite ( one or more). The dish also has a LNB ( low noise block down convertor) which amplifies the received signal.

5. Receiver. This is located in your home or apartment wherein it picks up the signals and passes it on to the TV or laptop. The receiver can be a very basic one that just relays the signals to the TV or has options of timer and programming or even advanced features like recording, seeing two telecasts at the same time on the same screen, viewing in HD mode, recording of live program/s and play back at a preset time later one etc. SO, the cost of the receiver ranges based on the features you need.

So, technically, from your side you need 4 and 5 along with some hardware and connecting components. So, customers use and add ons like DVD recorder, sound system etc

C.My suggestions

Instead for going through all the above, why don't you choose a DTH service provider. These are Direct to Home provider commercial companies. The advantage would be they would take care of the installaton, warranty, trouble shooting etc. Some of the also relay to 2-4 TV and or Laptop units in the same home etc. You can also check with the providers like Dish TV, Tata sky,etc.

This a good site for you to check and compare (https://www.comparedth.com/)

Delete Attachment