With the increasing trend of inflation to the tune of 8 percent per year, we have to look out the possibilities where our investment should multiply in such a proportion so as to get a substantial return after a specified period thus offsetting the inflationary trend. You may look forward to the funds listed below-
1) You may take a SIP fund of a specified amount - to be deducted monthly for a specific period from say ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank. The longer the period, the better. Such instruments should update be a amalgated with twin funds such as Equity and Balanced Funds and the percentage of each component is to be decided by you after the consultation of the Fund - manager. Equity - funds may provide you huge returns but the same is subjected to market - risk and hence blending of Balanced - fund would be essential to offset such risks. Such corpses may yield you an average return of around 15 percent per year considering all the related risks and market - fluctuations.
2) There are also debt instruments of different funds such as Birla Sun Life, ICICI Prudential, HDFC debt - fund where you may invest regularly after tracking the performance of such instruments. These funds may fetch you a healthy return within a specified period.
3) You may open accounts of your parents under the Sr. Citizens Scheme being operated by some specified banks such as Canara - bank, ICICI bank or even from LIC and in that way, they are likely to be get an attractive returns - monthly, quarterly or yearly depending upon their mode of selection.
4) You may open up accounts of your parents for fixed deposit in JANA BANK offering them a whopping interest of 9.1 percent.
5) A part of savings may be parked to the reputed companies in the form shares such as steel, pharma, health - care so that the proceeds may yield you attractive return in the long run.
Before you proceed for such instrument, you may take up suggestion from the financial - experts for the right selection of portfolios.