There are many people having this type of problem. It is mainly due to not having confidence in yourself. The person who thinks always that his answer may be wrong or people may laugh at him if he is wrong may not be able to talk and suffer from this feeling. You can practice the following points to overcome this problem.
1. You should be Confident in your actions. It comes through learning, practice, action and mastery. When you start learning a cycle riding initially you feel it difficult. But once you start learning and practising you will become more confident. Same is the case here also.
2. You should start participating in small talks with various people and talking to strangers at bars, stores, sporting events and other places. Take some chances and put yourself out there to meet new people.
3. Take on a difficult task at work or learn a new skill. Do something to get out of your comfort zone. By practising new activities, you will get out of your fear of the unknown and be learning to handle that anxiety more effectively.
4. Start practising giving speeches or presentations and telling jokes or stories at every opportunity. Be more talkative and expressive in all areas of your life.
5. Make yourself vulnerable. Being vulnerable requires a willingness to let others see the real you. Be proud of what you are. Being genuine and vulnerable is often the quality that others will appreciate the most about you.
6. Make eye contact when talking to someone. Walk with your head held high. Project your voice clearly and effectively.
7. Be present to all of your thoughts, feelings, sensations, and memories in any given moment. There is no part of your experience that you have to run from, escape, or avoid.
By following the above points you will overcome your shyness and you will be successful.