• Category: Gynaecology

Mens Health - Need information regarding Penis

Have a query about private parts of the body? looking out for answers to your concerns here? Find advice from experts for all your concerns on this page.

I am 24 years old boy having some questions related to my penis.

The foreskin of my penis is attached to the glans ( tip of the penis) and I am able to slide the foreskin back and forth with no problem.

When I have an erection, I am not able to slide the foreskin back (below the glans) as it feels like the connection between the foreskin and the glans will break if I do so.

My questions are -

1. Is it normal to have the foreskin connected to the glans or I should get it removed?

2. With an erection, it is normal for the foreskin not sliding below the glans (penis head)? Because since my foreskin is connected to the glans, I am not able to do so.

3. Also, while washing the penis (when foreskin is completely retracted backwards), my penis head (glans) are sensitive to touch, so I am not able to touch them, but with little practice, I am above to touch the skin below the glans. It it normal to have such a sensitive penis head? Or not?
  • #152686
    What you have narrated is normal. When a boy becomes a man or attains puberty, the size of the penis grows. The size increases many fold during erection.

The foreskin or the skin covering the glans is free all around EXCEPT at the back where in it is attached with a small tongue of flesh. What you mention is normal and this does not need surgery.

When the penis is flaccid (non-erct), then it is easy for the skin to go back and froth over the glans. But when the penis is erect or turgid, then the skin does not easily slide back over the glans. All men will not be able to fully pull the skin back like a sleeve of the shirt. It will be held back at one point called as the frenulum and this is normal.

The pink part of the glans is very sensitive to touch, hence the unsual sensation while pressing or coming in contact with water or fingers. It is also normal.

When a man is unable to pull the skin back over the glans and finds it difficult to pass urine or has pain or unable to have normal sexual intercourse, then is the time that doctors would consider a surgery to remove the foreskin.

Please see a surgeon to ally your fears.

• #152689
    In most of the persons it is very common that the foreskin retracts back comfortably and the head of the penis is also free from any pull or stretch from the foreskin.

In few cases it is possible that foreskin may not have enough margin to cover and retract back in the erect position. This is not any serious thing but requires a consultation with a physician who can suggest the correct remedy for this condition.

In the communities having circumcision practices, these conditions are automatically corrected at the time of circumcision.

• #152690
    Hello, If your foreskin don't retracts then you might have either phimosis (a tight foreskin) or frenulum breve ( a short frenulum , the tissue which connects your foreskin to the base of your glans , preventing the foreskin from comfortable retraction).

1. While it's possible to enjoy masturbation by rolling your foreskin forward, penetrative sex requires the foreskin to roll back, it your foreskin is too tight, then yes, the act of penetration might become painful.
    I would strongly recommend consulting a urologist to discuss all options, surgical or otherwise.

Non-surgical options like:
    1. Applying topical steroid creams to treat phimosis, which your family doctor can prescribe.
    2. Repeated manual stretching over a period of several months - keep it slow and steady, preferably while you're bathing with warm water, on a daily basis. With this method when done consistently for a long duration.

• #152694
    1. The foreskin will be free all around except at one place in the back. So it is normal and you need not require any surgery for this.
    2. It is not possible to put the foreskin back to cover fully the pennis. At one point it will be held back. Nothing to worry much about this problem.
    3. The pink part of this part is sensitive and sometimes you may feel pain while pressing .This is also not a point of concern.
    But if you are having any problem in performing the routines with this part you can contact the doctor for necessary treatment.

• #152695
    You have to understand the mechanism how penis works in case of erection . The erection of the penis suggests that is being guided with the signals being given your nerves. You are free from any neuro problem which could have otherwise cause the non erection of the penis.
    The way the penis is attached to your glans does not indicate abnormality for which have a negative emotions. In Muslim community a ceremony known as Khatna is performed allowing the for skin to be detached with the glans. However, in that way nerve sensation is reduced considerably while performing Sex - act. This is a major drawback in such an operation but at the same time Sex - act may prolong due to less sensation and ejauculation would take place after a considerable gap allowing your partner to derive utmost satisfaction in such acts.
    In respect of your second query, the full erection of the penis the foreskin connected with the glans does not disturb the normal act of the intercourse and hence this is not a worrisome affair.
    The sensation which you notice upon touching the forehead of the penis is due to the fact that innumerable nerves are connected to the nerves giving you excitement upon touching the same. This suggests a normal functioning of the Penis. You might have marked some pain in corse of urination so long as the penis is in the erected shape and that, too, is a normal phenomena.