Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

How I join Military Engineering College

Date: 28 Mar 2009   Posted By: Aathithyan     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am now doing Diplomo in Mechanical Engg i am a NCC cadet too
I just want to join in Military Engg College
how i join into that college
please help me some one

Author: Ankush Das    31 Mar 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Aathithyan,
Do you want to get into the Army Institute of Technology? If yes, then I am afraid but you cannot join AIT because either your father or mother need to have served in the Army already. If that is not the case, then you are not eligible. I am not sure if there is any other engineering college in the Army but at least even if there are, only wards of Army personnel will be allowed to take admission in them. I am sorry but you will have to look elsewhere for admissions. If you want to enter the Army, you can by the technical line. For that, you need to keep your eyes open on the newspapers. I am not exactly sure about the way of entry using the technical line. See the link below for more details-

Author: vitthal    01 Apr 2009      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The age of applicants must be between 16.5 to 19 years and they must have a minimum height of 157 cm and unaided distant vision of 6/12, 6/18. Selection of cadets is made by the Service Selection Board (SSB) through a rigorous procedure of psychological tests, group tests, interviews and medical tests. On being selected for induction they are required to successfully complete four years, six months, of technical branches of the Army. The entire cost of training is borne by the Army and on completion of three years of training, they are entitled to Rs 8,000 per month as stipend. After the fourth year of training, they get commissioned in the rank of lieutenant.

Basic military training of six months at the Indian Military Academy (IMA) at Dehradun is followed by two-and-a-half years at the College of Military Engineering, Pune, and one year at any one of the following colleges- College of Military Engineering, Pune; military College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers at Secunderabad; Military College of Telecommunication Engineering at Mhow. The last lap is of six months in the institution allocated to the cadet.


Author: bibhu    01 Apr 2009      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Hi ,Its better if go for MEC , you should try to solve objective type questions. practice the previous year question which is available in book store.
Because its need time adjustment and correctness.
The live will be bright if you get through MEC.
Do hard labor and you will get success.

Author: MANISHA    11 Apr 2009      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0


try here
practice the previous year question which is available in book store.
Because its need time adjustment and correctness.

Author: santosh sharma    11 Apr 2009      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Hi Aathithyan
There is no Military Engineering college, But one is College of Military Engineering -Pune. If you are interested in this college for this you must have under age of 19years and you should have More than 70% MARKS IN YOUR 12th class in PCM (Physics , Maths, Chemistry ).

If you satisfy these conditions than apply for Technical Entrance Scheme (TES). For more details you will get from employment news papers.

After filling form if shortlisted than you got call for SSB(service selection board). If you cleared it than you are recommended for merit-list.

If you have good score you will be in final merit-list and got admission in CME-Pune.

Best Of Luck.

Author: Narmada Chowdary    19 May 2009      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 2

Hi Aathithyan

A wise decision to opt for military. See there are many options to move to the army services but most of the people only knew a few of them.

Now coming to options, they are open to the students who are interested to move in right after the 10th class itself. We have the NDA, National Defense Academy located in many places. It has an entrance examination. For more details log in to:

So if you get selected through the selection process, then you will be provided with all training's and you will have a chance to go further by writing exams and moving into technical section. If you prove worth, they will refer you to engineering college. This happened with one of my cousins.

Another chance there is a training center for people who are interested to join in military in chennai. The applications can be found at all post offices by the end of academic year. Further you can move in by your stamina. That center is place for technical people of the military services.

There is a military engineering college in pune. You can find more details at:

Hope i helped you.

All the Best.

Author: thirukumaran    22 May 2009      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

hi friend,

what i have given is enough to pursue the engg degree in military college,

in india we have two palces to study 1. Army Institute of Technology, Pune., pune.
2.htttp:// dara doon.

Eligibility Criteria :

XII Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities. Candidate appearing for above examination can also apply.
Unmarried male candidates only
Age between 16 1/2 to 19 years
Nationality - A candidate must be either:
A citizen of India, or
A subject of Bhutan, or
A subject of Nepal, or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam, with the intention of permanently setting in India)
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.