• Category: Miscellaneous

Tatkal Passport Application in Mumbai

I want to apply passport under the tatkal scheme from Mumbai.
    Most of the passport agents don't handle Tatkal customers and some who do, charge a hefty fee of around Rs.5000. Kindly let me know the following:
    1. If I apply on my own by visiting the Worli office, am I at a disadvantage and are there any chances of the process getting delayed beyond the usual 15 days?

2. Do you any contact details of a passport agent who does handle Tatkal customers?

3. If possible, please share your experience of getting Tatkal passport.
  • #22725
    If you apply by yourself only it's good. I have done my passport by myself only. Because agent told me a high rate. Only one day time you need from your working day. Just reach at passport office before 2:00 PM.Because all the counter's queue is full then they will not allow you to stand in a queue after 2:00 PM. They close the door.because they have to close their office in time.

• #22736
    HI,

I would suggest you to file your application online. And visit to the office with the correct documents with prescribed format on time. It is my experience that without agent things gets fine and on time. No need to give extra money to agents.

Make sure that you have all the documents in order as required.

All the Best.

Nilesh Panchal
    College Editor of IndiaStudyChannel
    Your children will become what you are; So be what you want them to be.

• #29082

• #30510
    Hello friend,
    If you don't want to pay any extra charges.Don't go to an agent.You better register online.
    Otherwise,you could go to passport office and register your documents as prescribed.
    But go there before 2:00 PM.Whatever chetan has mentioned is correct.
    If the queues arer there in front of counters they won't allow you to enter there.Its just the matter of a day.
    Arpana

• #30752
    I think you should go by yourself for the passport. It is very much simple. Carry all the documents with you and submit it. The passport will come to. I have gone through the process.