Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Tatkal Passport Application in Mumbai

Date: 10 Nov 2009   Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

I want to apply passport under the tatkal scheme from Mumbai.
Most of the passport agents don't handle Tatkal customers and some who do, charge a hefty fee of around Rs.5000. Kindly let me know the following:
1. If I apply on my own by visiting the Worli office, am I at a disadvantage and are there any chances of the process getting delayed beyond the usual 15 days?

2. Do you any contact details of a passport agent who does handle Tatkal customers?

3. If possible, please share your experience of getting Tatkal passport.

Author: chetna shah    12 Nov 2009      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

If you apply by yourself only it's good. I have done my passport by myself only. Because agent told me a high rate. Only one day time you need from your working day. Just reach at passport office before 2:00 PM.Because all the counter's queue is full then they will not allow you to stand in a queue after 2:00 PM. They close the door.because they have to close their office in time.
Author: Nilespan    12 Nov 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

HI,

I would suggest you to file your application online. And visit to the office with the correct documents with prescribed format on time. It is my experience that without agent things gets fine and on time. No need to give extra money to agents.

Make sure that you have all the documents in order as required.

All the Best.

Author: vishal eknath durdhawale    25 Dec 2009      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Author: Arpana Singla    06 Jan 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Hello friend,
If you don't want to pay any extra charges.Don't go to an agent.You better register online.
Otherwise,you could go to passport office and register your documents as prescribed.
But go there before 2:00 PM.Whatever chetan has mentioned is correct.
If the queues arer there in front of counters they won't allow you to enter there.Its just the matter of a day.
Arpana

Author: Unnat Vakil    08 Jan 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

I think you should go by yourself for the passport. It is very much simple. Carry all the documents with you and submit it. The passport will come to. I have gone through the process.
Answers      

Post answer or solution to "Tatkal Passport Application in Mumbai"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem Tatkal Passport Application in Mumbai

Next Question: Typing and Income through Internet
Previous Question: Why is the price of daily usage edible commodities increasing day by day?