Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

What is ACCD in TNEB billing?

Date: 28 Nov 2009   Posted By: Varuna V     Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

I have being paying the ACCD amount for the past two year. That too i pay it twice a year. now my balance in Accd is 2700RS. Again the TNEB has asked me to pay ACCD amount of 900 this month. What is this all about?? please be clear in your response

Author: Prashant Sultania    30 Nov 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Varuna,

TNEB (TamilNadu Electricity Board) has got the approval from TNERC to Collect for two times of the monthly average as well as for a minimum demanf charge at Rs. 800/- per KVA irrespective of the supply.

And second think is that TNEB have to informed you before charing this amount. It is charged from you because whether you have used more electricity as per you had applied.

With Regards,
Prashant
Aim to be an Editor for isc.com

Reference: http://tecaonline.org/circular_4.asp

Author: Varuna V    14 Dec 2009      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Hi Prashant Sultania

Thank you for your information.