The Government in School
Education Department has formulated the following policies for implementation
• Providing quality education to all.
• Achieving enrolment of all school age children into schools.
• Retaining all the children enrolled, up to the completion of eighth standard in
• Bringing dropouts to nil percent.
• Enabling all those who have successfully completed primary education to
pursue Secondary and Higher Secondary Education effectively implementing
the scheme of Universalisation of Secondary Education.
• Help the students studying in high and higher secondary schools to complete
the secondary and higher secondary education within the stipulated period.
• Improving the professional skills of teachers handling different subjects.
• Providing quality Elementary Education by empowering teachers through
training by explorative, creative, interactive and technology based methods
• Achieving total literacy
• Reducing gender disparity in literacy through Special Literacy Programmes for
• Improving the basic amenities in schools
• Improving and enrich the syllabus
• Disseminating health education in schools
• Imparting computer education to all students
• Providing Uniform Education System
The Directorates under the control of School Education Department implement
various schemes promoting these objectives of the Government. The Directorates
which shoulder the main responsibilities like the Directorate of Elementary Education,
State Project Directorate, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Directorate of School Education,
Directorate of Matriculation Schools, Directorate of Non-formal and Adult Education
and other Directorates which provide resource and service support like Directorate of
Teacher Education, Research and Training, Directorate of Government Examination,
Teachers Recruitment Board
|Author: srikanth 09 Jan 2010 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
|both telugu and english are good that means standard.but at according to situation all are taking english in order to go for other states.it is also one of the reason.all parents want their child should good student.so to fulfill all these efforts better to learan english rather than telugu but dont forget telugu since it our mother tongue|
|Author: T.M.Sankaran 13 Jan 2010 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
|The actions suggested by the authorities to improve the standard of education at the school level are to be appreciated. The important problem is the implementation of these sincerely. Naturally, there must be a mechanism for monitoring them continuously. |
As far as the language medium is concerned, it is scientific to teach in the mother tongue, at least at the primary level. Children are familiar with local things and convey their knowledge through their mother tongue. So introducing them in another language may be complicating and the child will absorb it only slowly.
For higher education English will be useful. The introduction of English at an appropriate stage will be needed for this.