|Author: Santosh 15 Jun 2009 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
The most important cities of India are Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkatta, Chennai and Hyderabad.
The reason is 3 of them are on sea shore. So, they got good transportation facilities. Others also have good transportation facilities as they are connected by rail and Air.
This is the major thing that leads to the development of a place. As they got good transportation, they can get good other facilities and services too which are provided by National and Multi National Companies
|Author: Gyani 16 Jun 2009 Member Level: Silver Points : 5 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
The answer of this question depends on the criteria for the evaluation. We have 4 metros and other Class-A cities (e.g. Noida, Gurgaon in North, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune in south), which are good for at-par lifestyle. But if you want to know the cities who are economical hub, then I would suggest (1)Mumbai (2)Noida/Greater Noida (3)Nasik (4)Surat and (5)Ahemdabad.
Similarly, Cities known for Major ports are (1)Mumbai (2)Kolkata (3)Chennai (4)Cochin (5)Vishakhapattaman
Top 5 Historical heritage cities (1)Agara [The tazmahal] (2)Hampi [The last capital of Ancient Vijaynagar] (3) Khajuraho [Ancient caves] (4)Aurangabad [Ajanta & Allora Caves] (5) New Delhi [Kutubminar, Lal kila, Nearby city Fatehpur Sikri]
Top 5 Spiritual Cities : (1)Haridwar(2)Varanasi (3)Bodhgaya (4)Rishikesh (5)Amritsar
|Author: vijay nemiwal 15 Jul 2009 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
1. Delhi obviously as being capital city.
2. Mumbai - The then called economic capital of India
3. Banglore - Silicon valley of India, capital of modern economy of india. Software hub.
4. Kolkata - Rish spiritual and cultural values. Great Intellectuals from there.
5. Jaipur- Small but really to love, Gulabi Nagari, peaceful, most growing city of india. First planned city of India.
|Author: Maheedhar Kaki 15 Jul 2009 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 Voting Score: 0|
My choice would be:
1) Delhi: The capital of India and obviously the most important city in India.
2) Mumbai : The financial capital of India.This is where the stock market runs and this is where the Reserve Bank of India exists.
3) Banglore: The IT Capital of India. The two main resources of India are Agriculture and sharp brains. This is the place where the sharp brains are used to their fullest.
4) Hyderabad: A city showing the integrity of the country. Muslims, Cristians, Hindus and many others live like "Bhayi- Bhayi" here. It is also the second IT capital of India.
5) Chennai and Kolkata fight for this place . Both are large ports and deal with large amounts of import and export involving a huge amount of national revenue.
ISC Gold Member
Mentor for Engineering Entrance Exams
|Author: srilekha 02 Apr 2015 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
List of Top Cities in India:
Tourist places in each city:
a.gateway of India
e.Sanjay Gandhi National Park
a.The Red Fort