Ask Experts » Health » Nutrition »

Severe Cough during early morning after waking up!

Date: 26 Jan 2010   Group: Health    Category: Nutrition   

I’m having severe Cough during early morning after waking up but during the daytime I don’t have only cough at few times that also not severe. What could be the problem?

Author: Dr Bhumika    27 Jan 2010      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 6  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

The cough could be due to -
1. upper respiratory tract infection - pharyngitis, tonsillitis etc.
2. chest conditions like - asthma
3. Secondary to post nasal drip of sinusitis
4. Due to gastroesophageal reflux disease - acid reflux from the stomach irritates the back of the throat. esp when lying down
5. due to smoking

You should get a chest xray and clinical examination to find out the cause in your case.

For the cough - try some warm saline gargles or betadiene gargles, steam inhalation. Drink plenty of water, preferably luke warm and plenty of fluids like soups etc. Eating light meals would help. You could chew on some dextromethorphan lozenges and try some deep breathing exercises. Avoid spicy processed foods, fumes. Do not smoke. Take some anti histamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine if you have any nasal symptoms or sinusitis and nasal saline drops would hep too.

If you have an infection - you would need a course of antibiotic medications.

If you have reflux symptoms like heartburn, indigestion and nausea - take antacid medications, sleep with your head end elevated. Avoid spicy foods. Eat light meals. Cold milk would help

Author: sweta chugh    29 Jan 2010      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

The problem can be the stamina problem.Even my friend has this problem.I want to suggest you a product-it is 'AVG'(Amla vital green),it is an amla juice.You can purchase it from chemist shop.
It is worth Rs/-200,read the guidelines written there.
You will definitely feel a change in you.
Do not think it is bad in taste etc.......
You must take it is really good,it will increase your stamina and much more.
You will not believe me right now but you will get to know when you will buy it.
Have a nice day.

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "Severe Cough during early morning after waking up!"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem Severe Cough during early morning after waking up!

Next Question: Suffering from fever of unknown origin
Previous Question: Want to know about my asthmatic allergy