Story Fun 2 – create a short story with the given words (date extended)After the success of Story Fun 1, here's yet another creative based fun activity. This activity is open to all members, including editors. Please read all instructions and rules carefully.
What you have to do:
You have to use the following 5 words to create a mystery/suspense story: lamp, whisper, slippery, music, hat.
Put in a good title to your story.
Here's the catch: the story must be a short one within 350 words only (excluding the title & the back link phrase to this thread).
Hint: To win this contest, don't give the usual typical type of story. For example, you should not confine your idea of a lamp as being in the house or of a hat on a person's head or slippery referring only to a floor....think out of the box!
Rules & Guidelines
1. Only 1 entry per member is allowed. You must submit your story in:Forums»About IndiaStudyChannel»Creative Writing. Then submit the URL of your story in this thread to be considered as an entry for the contest.
2. All the 5 words must be mentioned somewhere in the text of your story.
3. You must use the words exactly as they are (e.g. lamp, not lamps / slippery, not slipped / whisper, not whispered, etc).
4. Each of these words must be used only once in your story.
5. You can also put conversation, humour, tragedy, etc in the story but overall it should be a mystery/suspense/thriller type story.
6. Do not use slang words, SMS type words, emoticons or inappropriate words.
8. Do not use HTML tags to put words in bold, italics, etc.
9. You are free to make changes in your story at any time before the closing date of the contest. Other members can also give you feedback & suggestions and even help you to improve your English.
10. At the end of your story, please put a link to this thread so that visitors to the site are aware of the type of contests we organize at ISC.
Since this is not a very easy creative activity, the cash award will be Rs.100/-for the winning entry along with the virtual gift of certificate of creativity. Rs.75/- will be awarded for the runner-up entry. In case of good quality entries, there will be 2 winners & if a large number of entries, more runners-up/consolation prizes.
All members are encouraged to participate. Do not worry if your English skills are not great – the point is to have fun doing something unique at ISC!
(Update as of 17/04/2013) Last date for submission has been extended due to requests from members: April 19th 2013.
Excited? Start writing!