Forums » ISC Announcements » Reward Programs »

Story Fun 2 – create a short story with the given words (date extended)

Posted Date: 13 Apr 2013      Posted By:: Vandana       Member Level: Platinum    Member Rank: 7     Points: 5   Responses: 36

After the success of Story Fun 1, here's yet another creative based fun activity. This activity is open to all members, including editors. Please read all instructions and rules carefully.

What you have to do:
You have to use the following 5 words to create a mystery/suspense story: lamp, whisper, slippery, music, hat.

Put in a good title to your story.

Here's the catch: the story must be a short one within 350 words only (excluding the title & the back link phrase to this thread).

Hint: To win this contest, don't give the usual typical type of story. For example, you should not confine your idea of a lamp as being in the house or of a hat on a person's head or slippery referring only to a floor....think out of the box!

Rules & Guidelines
1. Only 1 entry per member is allowed. You must submit your story in:Forums»About IndiaStudyChannel»Creative Writing. Then submit the URL of your story in this thread to be considered as an entry for the contest.

2. All the 5 words must be mentioned somewhere in the text of your story.

3. You must use the words exactly as they are (e.g. lamp, not lamps / slippery, not slipped / whisper, not whispered, etc).

4. Each of these words must be used only once in your story.

5. You can also put conversation, humour, tragedy, etc in the story but overall it should be a mystery/suspense/thriller type story.

6. Do not use slang words, SMS type words, emoticons or inappropriate words.

8. Do not use HTML tags to put words in bold, italics, etc.

9. You are free to make changes in your story at any time before the closing date of the contest. Other members can also give you feedback & suggestions and even help you to improve your English.

10. At the end of your story, please put a link to this thread so that visitors to the site are aware of the type of contests we organize at ISC.

Cash Awards
Since this is not a very easy creative activity, the cash award will be Rs.100/-for the winning entry along with the virtual gift of certificate of creativity. Rs.75/- will be awarded for the runner-up entry. In case of good quality entries, there will be 2 winners & if a large number of entries, more runners-up/consolation prizes.

All members are encouraged to participate. Do not worry if your English skills are not great – the point is to have fun doing something unique at ISC!

(Update as of 17/04/2013) Last date for submission has been extended due to requests from members: April 19th 2013.

Excited? Start writing!

Regards,
Vandana
ISC Mentor

Responses

#413263    Author: sachin kumar      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 779     Date: 13/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Dear Vandana Ma'am, after a long time I'm back with an another creative piece of mine.
Here is my entry for this contest, kindly consider it as an eligible entry.

A mysterious story of a haunted forest !

I have a doubt, regarding word limit for my entry. I have written the story within 347 words. but If I count link back phrase,(This is an entry for Story Fun 2 contest") it becomes 356 words aprox. So kindly clear my doubt ASAP so that I can modify my story accordingly, and remain an eligible entry for this contest.

Other members are also welcomed to suggest or comment on my story.

Thanks and Regards.

Sachin Kumar
Do well, Get well, Be well.

#413296    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 13/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I made a sincere attempt to coin a story on this topic and here is the entry from my side. Please read the same and give your feed back.

Children, Village and that old building ?

Forum participation is the stepping
stone for tasting success in this site.

#413346    Author: Vandana        Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 7     Date: 13/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

@Sachin: The words of the back link phrase will not be part of the word limit. I have updated this aspect in the word limit rule above.

@ K Mohan: Please read the rules carefully. You must use each of the given words only once in the story.

Regards,
Vandana
ISC Mentor

#413361    Author: Urvashi      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1058     Date: 13/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Dear Vandana Ma'am,

This is my entry for the contest.
Do we really need the concept of love to sustain?

Regards,
Urvashi

#413363    Author: POOJA      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 195     Date: 13/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

My entry for the contest 'Story Fun-2'

Midnight ghost on the home

Regards
Pooja

#413399    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 4     Date: 14/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Vandana the corrections are made according to the requirement.

Forum participation is the stepping
stone for tasting success in this site.

#413533    Author: Neha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 158     Date: 14/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Here is my entry for the contes-

A daughter's mystery quest

Regards
Neha

#413551    Author: sachin kumar      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 779     Date: 14/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Vandana ma'am, thanks for clarifying my doubt, and updating the rules as well as increasing the reward. This will be a great opportunity to all of us to showcase our creativity.

Its really an interesting contest indeed.

Thanks and Regards.

Sachin Kumar

#413684    Author: Shruti      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1074     Date: 15/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

My dreams and my wonderland is my entry to the contest.

#413792    Author: Sudarmani        Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 559     Date: 15/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

My entry Ever lasting beauty - a wasp's wish. I replaced the url. Now it is ready for the contests. Thanks @Neha

Sudarmani S,
"if the dreams are big enough , the facts don't count"

#413838    Author: Neha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 158     Date: 15/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

@Vandana mam, I think that mistakenly the contest entry thread of @sudarmani "http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/111764-I-still-need-999-youths-marry-me.aspx"
got deleted instead of

"http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/111765-I-still-need-999-youths-marry-me.aspx".

Kindly do the needful. I just figured out while trying to read the contest thread.

Regards
Neha

#413859    Author: sachin kumar      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 779     Date: 15/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

@Vandana mam, Same thing happened with Neha's Story "http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/111718-A-daughter-s-mystery-quest.aspx" It got deleted.

The working url of this story is this -
"http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/111717-A-daughter-s-mystery-quest.aspx".

While opening Neha's story via given link in this thread, I found such situation.

Now this problem can be rectified by, Editor or By Neha herself through editing feature.

Thanks and Regards.

Sachin Kumar

#413865    Author: Neha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 158     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Thanks @Sachin for helping me out, I don't know how the link got deleted and how the url changed, since the link was working fine till yesterday.I have made the changes from my side.
Anyways I think @Vandana mam would look into the matter and give us some idea.

Regards
Neha

#413867    Author: sachin kumar      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 779     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

@Vandana ma'am, and Webmasters

Attention needed!

Sorry for commenting non relevant to this contest thread.
But I think there is any kind of BUG, which make all this.

Also I found one more problem while responding to Urvashi's Story.
When I write and submit the comment in that story "http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/111678-Do-we-really-need-concept-love-sustain.aspx"
It redirect me to the Home page of ISC, and no comments been posted in that thread.

Thanks and Regards.

Sachin Kumar

#413881    Author: Vandana        Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 7     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Members,
I have reported the problems mentioned here to the Webmasters. It is hoped that if there is a bug it will be fixed soon.

Regards,
Vandana
ISC Mentor

#413911    Author: Anton Menezes      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 275     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

This is my entry:
Divine Intervention

Anton Menezes
Lost My waY

#413982    Author: Sreejisha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 305     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

This is my entry

An unusual encounter at midnight

Regards
Sreejisha

#413984    Author: Sai Kumar Kagitha      Member Level: Bronze      Member Rank: 6707     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Its my entry @sai kumar kagitha@
http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/111802-A-snatcher-his-girl-with-black-lady-an-apple.aspx

#413998    Author: Naresh Kumar Behera      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 186     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi Mam,
Here is my entry to this contest: Why the fishes are spinning in their opposite direction?

"Ask your query with valid information"
Lead Editor - OrissaSpider.com

#414019    Author: M.A. Vimala      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 8     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi Mamdam,

This is my entry to this contest A story about "A Gift for honest boy".

Regards,
M.A. Vimala

#414027    Author: Roohana Mubarak      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 1507     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Dear Vandana,

Here is my entry for Story Fun 2 - From Canada with Love and Dream.

Regards,
Roohana M.

"Smile, it adds your face value".

#414030    Author: Kalyani        Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 39     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

My entry: In the rainy night

-----------------
Thanks & Regards
Kalyani

#414047    Author: Sun      Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 10     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Madam ,
Please click to read my submission Sun's magical powers proved

Regards,
Sun of ISC - Let us learn good English through ISC

#414072    Author: Bishes Dudani      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 389     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Dear Vandana Ma'm,

Please read my entry for the contest Mystery ghosts in the tea estate of Darjeeling

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nature is important to mankind, so save paper and go green.

#414074    Author: Saji Ganesh        Member Level: Diamond      Member Rank: 54     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Vandana Madam here is my entry.

#414093    Author: Deepika      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1531     Date: 16/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

My entry for competition.

The Devil in Office.

Regards,
Deepika

#414134    Author: R. Gautham Shenoy      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 915     Date: 17/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

This is my entry to the contest.

The haunted store room

Regards,
R. Gautham Shenoy.

#414195    Author: Bhagat Singh      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 519     Date: 17/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Ma,am as I was unaware about this wonderful contest, could you please extend the time so that many remaining members like me can also contribute?
This is my humble request if you can do then many thanks to you otherwise all the very best for members who had contributed. Please tries to consider my request.

With warm regards,
Bhagat Singh

#414198    Author: Vandana        Member Level: Platinum      Member Rank: 7     Date: 17/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 3

Members,
Since I got requests from members for extension of the closing date, please note the new date by which you have to submit your entries. I also felt, in hindsight, that 4 days was too short a time to come up with a creative story.

A lot of members are increasingly having Net connectivity (including me!) and power problems. Hence, keeping this in mind I have extended the date. After all, this is a fun contest and we can be a little flexible.

Regards,
Vandana
ISC Mentor

#414337    Author: S.Rajee      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 478     Date: 18/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

I have submitted my story titled Kamini returns to Prem for the ISC story writing contest.

#414358    Author: Soumyadip Saha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 461     Date: 18/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Dear Vandana madam,

Here is my entry for the contest.
A walk down the haunted forest

With Regards
Soumyadip Saha

#414488    Author: Sudarmani        Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 559     Date: 18/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Mam editing through the link provided here leads to home page. I think a bug is there.

Sudarmani S,
"if the dreams are big enough , the facts don't count"

#414573    Author: Vineeta Sinha      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 110     Date: 19/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Respected Vandana ma'am

Here is my entry for the "Story fun-2 contest"
Voice of a lost mother

#414743    Author: Bhavani      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 315     Date: 19/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

My creative story is as folllows:

Mystery behind the accident

Thanks

#414946    Author: Aamir Shahzad      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 190     Date: 20/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Here is my contest entry,

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/112023-My-Romantic-love-story.aspx

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
Aamir khan

#414950    Author: Naveed Ahmed      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 545     Date: 20/Apr/2013   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Here is my entry for the contest please.

Success is not granted, it is earned!

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : Articles contest: 2013 summer programs for children
Previous : TOW topic for the week from April 14 to 20 ' 2013.
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Reward Programs

Related Messages

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.