Fun with vocabulary 1: enrich your writing & speaking skills with more words!This is the first in a series of unique fun activities to increase your vocabulary. You will get points and cash credits for your entries right here in this thread. All members are welcome to participate, including editors. Please read rules & guidelines carefully.
What you have to do:
Given below are 2 words.
First task: You have to make words from these 2 words:
Second task: You have to make a sentence from each of the words you submit. It should be only one sentence using that word in the same format (e.g. if the word is a noun, it should be used in the sentence as a noun).
[I have put it in bold and capital letters for clarity. The words have been selected keeping in mind the summer season is upon us & lots of varied juicy fruits are available to enjoy!]
Rules and Guidelines
1. You must submit only English words. Words in other languages or Indian words (such as Durban or dana or any type of Indian-name food) is not allowed.
2. A member can submit only 2 entries in one response only (post them one below the other in the same response). This is to allow many members to take part.
3. Submit single words only, not double words or hyphenated words.
4. The words you submit should be of 4 letters or more. Less than 4-letter words will not be accepted.
5. Short forms of words, abbreviations, acronyms, SMS type words, brand names, forms of address (such as Sri), slang words, abusive words, vulgar and inappropriate words are not allowed.
6. Check all previous entries before submitting your words. Duplicates are not allowed even if the word has multiple meanings or is both a noun & an adjective, an adverb & a noun, etc. Similarly, if a member has submitted a word in its past tense, you cannot submit the same word in the future tense. You also cannot submit plurals of a word already submitted / singular of a word already submitted. In short, once submitted, the word cannot be submitted again in any other form.
Points and cash awards:
1. For every 4-letter word: 4 points and Rs.4/-
2. For every 5-letter word: 5 points and Rs.5/-
3. For every 6-letter word: 6 points and Rs.6/-
4. For every 7-letter word: 7 points and Rs.7/-
5. For every 8-letter word: 8 points and Rs.8/-
6. For every valid sentence (irrespective of number of letters): Rs.2/-
Special Bonus: If you create a valid word with 9 or more letters, then your points and cash credits for the word (not the sentence) will be doubled. So, for example, if you create a 9-letter word, instead of just 9 points you will get 18 points and instead of just 9/- you will get Rs.18/-. Since the maximum we can give is 20/20, if it is more, it will be credited to your profile page.
As such there is no closing date or time. When most of the words have been submitted, the thread will be locked.
I will not necessarily be monitoring this thread daily, but will credit the points and cash credits when I do check the entries. Members are expected to be honest & not change their entries once submitted.
Remember to read the given words carefully: there is only one E for example, so you cannot submit a word with two Es!