You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Pro and con of food security bill

GOI launched to allay poorest of poor by implementing food security bill ,so pliz shared pro and con for this act
    The food security bill envisages security of providing food grains , cereals and pulses to those poor who are below the poverty line, that means those who are having white ration card. In Telangana the government is giving 6 kg rice to each poor person and also three kgs of sugar every month. Apart from that cereals, soaps, and pulses are also given from time to time. Either too there were middlemen and the National Productivity and Distribution scheme was dogged with corruption and diversion of stocks. Now strict vigil has been kept and only the stocks required for distribution is sent as per the available record and there fore there cannot be any corruption or routing of stocks to private supply. In fact in Telanagana the government is providing free meals to the schools and patients in the hospitals along with their attendants and thus this scheme is overwhelmingly welcomed by the poor.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

According to my discuss this act is really to depress poorest of the poor because of quantity supply by GOI
    Between priority household and AAY eligible household,I wasn't blamed to government just sharing my own oppinion

The National Food Security Act, 2013 has altered the way of addressing the problem of food security from the conventional social welfare approach to a right based approach. About two third of the India's 120 crore population is entitled to get food at subsidized rate under the said Act. For the purpose of issue of the ration cards, the eldest women (18 years or above in age) of the household is treated as the head of the family and beneficiaries of the public distribution system are entitled to get 5 kilograms per person per month of cereals at the subsidized rate i.e. rice @ Rs. 3 per Kg., wheat @ Rs. 2 per Kg and coarse grains like millet etc. @ Rs.1 per Kg. The pregnant women, lactating mothers and certain other categories of children are eligible to get daily free meals. About 75% of rural population and 50% of the urban population is likely to get benefited under the scheme.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

There is nothing extra in food security bill.
    If this is just for poor people, previously there was similar program was running. Now in Odisha a person can get 5 kg grain ( either rice or wheat or mix of it). So normally we have five person in family for which they can get 25 kg grains. where as previously 25 kg for family directly was distributing by Government whether they have five person or less.
    And food security means Government should make some clear intention, whether they want to distribute food for every one or just want the vote from poor people. As they do not provide good quality of rice and wheat to the consumer.

I am very thankful for sharing valuable knowledge but I want to tighten in the way of quantity supply given in the guideline between BPL card holder and AAY holder .
    I WANT TO SHOW MY OWN KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS
    BPL means below poverty line (in simple poor)
    AAY means Antyodaya Anna Yojana( in simple poorest among the poor)
    So the GOI has to give 5kg of foodgrain per person per month to BPL card holder
    If BPL household have 10 member then they will get 5kg×10 person =50kg
    But in term of AAY GOI has to give 35kg per month per household that's means if such household have 10 member they will get only 35kg according to the norms
    BUT AAY IS THE POOREST AMONG THE POOR BUT THE BENIFIT GIVEN BY GOI INDICATE DEPRESS TO THE POOR

Duplicate.

As on August, 2004, about 2 crore families were covered under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana. Going by the logic given by the author in his response #568117, the families which have less than seven ( may be 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 ) family members will also get 35 Kgs of food grains.

Dear Kailash according to the scale AAY card holder should have to give more benefit then BPL,I request you to see upon household not to single beneficiaries this act is depend on household

The benefits given to AAY earlier were extended to a larger group by including more BPL families under the National Food Security Act, 2013. The status quo was maintained in the case of AAY. It is not logical to say that any welfare measure should not be extended to cover more individuals.

One more thing this is that my friend family member is of 8 but they got AAY card ok let's kept this topic aside and let me point out one more point again :
    Let's us consider that AAY beneficiaries specified if household consisted maximum member of 7 so let us calculated again 7×5kg=35kg its means it is same as to BPL.why should I say this because the proportion of each BPL and AAY beneficiaries to a single person is of same quantity i.e5kg each and the rate of cost of foodgrain is also same for both card
    This show the depress to poorest of poor

Dear Kailash according to the scale AAY card holder should have to give more benefit then BPL,I request you to see upon household not to single beneficiaries this act is depend on household

Logically this is a good yojana for all poor and needy people, but due to dirty politics in India and wrong management, we have huge card issued who is not actually eligible for this. That can not be controlled until unless there is strict action taken by Government or the authority. I strongly agree with this type of plan, and if implement properly then at least no one will die in hunger in our country.
    So everybody should think about this and unnecessary should not apply for this card by bribing or referring local approval authority.

Sign In to post your comments