You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Yoga se kya hoga ? Asked a lay man. Here are the benefits !

Yoga is ancient form of keeping ourselves fit and healthy and it is the only form which assures total work out to body and we are mentally balanced. The most important development would be that we would have good respiration, body metabolism would increase and we would have stable mind. And those who are worried about their over weight, Yoga is the best exercise through which weight reduction is assured and cardiac related problems are also checked. Above all yoga is the simple method of following exercises without the need and help of costly equipment. So on this International Yoga day, let every one start Yoga with sincere effort.
    An excellent and extremely relevant thread raised by Mr. Mohan. Yoga has various benefits, both physical as well as psychological. I am mentioning some of physical benefits of Yoga, although the list is not exhautive.

The physical benefits of Yoga are-
    (a) Increased flexibility
    (b) Increased muscle strength and tone
    (c) Improved respiration, energy and vitality
    (d) Maintaining a balanced metabolism
    (e) Reduction of weight
    (f) Improved cardio and circulatory health
    (g) Improved athletic performance
    (h) Protection from injury

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Yoga and it's importance are well recognised by many countries of the world. Yoga is very beneficial to the mankind to keep their body and mind in good condition. Yoga should be made compulsory for all the school going children so that they they realise it's importance in life. In one simple sentence" Yoga should be a way of life"
    With regards

" Be Good and Do Good "

Though no equipments are required (except a yoga mat) for practicing yoga, but it do requires a will to do it and a time slot of 30 to 60 minutes daily. Most the people prefer to enjoy that time slot in sleeping. Let us introspect as to how many of us are preferring to get up early for practicing yoga or any other form of physical exercise.
    I learnt yoga exercise by joining a class near my residence at Mumbai in the year around 2002. During that period, there was no Baba Ramdev. Within the premises of a temple complex, a group of individuals used to conduct classes by charging only a token amount. I could muster the courage to join after walking on the road in front of the center for years together. Even after joining first time, I abandoned it after few days, but joined again. Since then, I am practicing yoga almost daily to the best of my abilities.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

It is not quite easy for everyone to hold a strict discipline to practice yoga every day. It is really hard and people will need strict dedication on spending nearly 20 to 60 mins every day on Yoga. Here are some interesting points about Yoga and practice of Yoga.

1) With Yoga you can keep your body clean both internally and externally.
    2) It is not the case that everyone will use all their body parts every day in all the required direction. Yoga will help in doing it. So this will help in preventing from unnecessary cramps from occurring.
    3) Yoga with the help of various asanas will help regulate blood circulation in the body. This will help the blood reach all the parts of the body creating a proper circulation protecting all the organs.
    4) By enhanced blood circulation all the impurities from all the organs are also cleaned.
    5) With the Yoga, the body gets energized and it will help you keep yourself fresh throughout the day.

Yoga is an ancient gift that is given to us by our ancestors. We should make use of it in a wise way to prevent us from various unknown diseases in this modern world due to consumption of chemicals in our day to day life.

Thanks and Regards,
    S Balasubramanian

Quote: "It doesn't matter what we want. once we get it, then we want something else."

Yoga gives better concentration power. It prevent humans from bad habbits. Most of the peoples are going to drugs because of tension. So such persons have to practice yoga. Yoga provide physical health as well as mental health. There is no need any strain for doing yoga. So a person doing yoga will not easily loss stamina. If the normal respiration system is change due to the difficult exercise that cause strain to body. But in yoga there is normal respiration and thus it is good to body.

Sign In to post your comments