You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you know how much money is invested by central government for organizing the yoga Day?

There are some senior members and well renowned persons of this site had already raised threads on the importance of Yoga but do you know how much money is invested by central government for celebrating or organizing the Yoga Day it is 32 crores of rupees(from the accounts of the Ayush Ministry). The central government is distributing caps,T-shirts and mats , half of the money is invested for the advertisement purpose the news had come from right to Information act. So what do you say about this.
    Well if a program has to be organized on large scale to grab the attention of International fora, such expenses are unavoidable. Mind it for the first time India is getting due recognition from Yoga and its positive effects as over 139 countries have supported this cause and that is the reason the Government organized a big yoga demonstration at Chandigarh and program was beamed live by all channels. In fact I have seen even AP CM Chandrababu Naidu doing Yoga with others and there fore a sea change could be seen from the people of all walks of like embracing Yoga and its benefits. One thing is sure when a family spends huge money to maintain a good health and happiness, why not the country which aims at yogic advantage to many and unknown people. That is the good beginning and the spending was done for good cause awareness.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Why your favorite Telangana Chief Minister is not participating in the Yoga day? A person who do yoga will never get diseased that is there any guarantee for this.
    If you ask your doubt you are fool for 5 minutes but if you don't you are fool forever -- Chinese proverb

The full form of AYUSH is 'Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy' . Ministry of AYUSH is the nodal ministry entrusted with the responsibility of developing education and research in alternative medicine systems besides in the field of ayurveda, yoga, naturopathy, unani, siddha and homeopathy. Spending Rs. 32 crores is nothing compared to the potential and possible outcome of the beneficial effects of yoga. Several thousand crores of rupees, which are otherwise spent on the medical treatment of the individuals suffering with lifestyle diseases, can be saved by creating awareness among the people about importance and significance of yoga.
    In my opinion necessary funds should be spent on regular basis by the Government for creating awareness and education among people for adopting healthier lifestyle. Prevention is always better than cure.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

According to our ancient tradition we always go for prevention instead of cure. We focus more on not getting the issue instead of getting it and finding a cure for it. All our ancient medicine of way of life was like that. I second what Mohan Sir has told above. It is good we invest more money and time in this. In order to get a good publicity it is necessary that we should be spending some money on the same. And it is also true that people from other countries have also started following this and it will definitely help in creating a better place for us to live.

Today Yoga and Ayurveda is seen as a separate factor from our day to day living but in the olden days, it was actually part of our life. Every individual will know about it and they live a lifestyle in such a way that they don't catch any disease easily. It is good to see that government is also taking some nice initiatives to promote Yoga and natural way of life. Every day people are eating chemicals in many forms. For some of the people especially who are in IT, there is no physical activity at all. So creating such awareness will make people talk more about it and understand the core significance of it.

Thanks and Regards,
    S Balasubramanian

Quote: "It doesn't matter what we want. once we get it, then we want something else."

I personally feel that spending so much money for the propagation of Yoga is simply waste. I wonder how many of those who participate in such functions actually practice Yoga as a routine. It is, to be frank, something akin to taking up brooms for a day in the name of Swachh Bharath! If the aim is to improve the health of our people, aren't there more important things to be done? Yoga, presumably, is being used as another tool to advertise the BJP government and its basic agenda .
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Sign In to post your comments