You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Guidelines & Policies

Policy change: External links to high authority/government sites are encouraged

We have been discouraging use of external links from our website for various reasons including concerns about search engine penalties. However, we have realized that this is causing readers to miss out opportunities to find more information and references.

Going forward, we encourage our authors to provide links to high authority, government and official websites that provides additional information to the content you are writing.

Tips:
    1. There is no limit on how many links you can give to government sites as long as they are relevant to the topic and is needed for the reader to find additional information.

2. Links to official websites of universities are also allowed and encouraged when you are referring to a course or university.

3. Links to personal blogs, private websites and commercial websites are not allowed, unless you get a special permission from editors/admins. If such a link is provided with special permission, those links should use the attribute rel="nofollow"

4. Links to commercial websites and business websites are not allowed without special permission.

5. Referral links, affiliate links etc are never allowed.

6. Articles that go really deep into the subject may use links to other research papers and high authority articles even if they are on private websites.

If any member is found to be misusing this option for building backlinks to any other websites, we will remove posting permissions for those members.
    I welcome the decision taken by the Webmaster regarding the subject matter. The decision is likely to add value to the contents posted by the authors and the readers are likely to get benefited immensely.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This is an excellent decision taken by Tony sir to add important links in article as it will provide more convenient to the readers to read the related information.
    If you ask your doubt you are fool for 5 minutes but if you don't you are fool forever -- Chinese proverb

This is a pragmatic decision on the part of the management of ISC. I welcome this decision. this step would definitely improve the quality of the site.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

It is really great announcement for authors and readers as well. Thanks for changing and giving some relaxation on policies.

Members, now articles will be with relevant articles which will attract more visitors. Keep contributing.

Glad to know, Happy to Help

Well I do support the decision taken by the ISC administration to allow high end authoritative government websites links to support our write up. But giving too many such links would be not solicited and editors must also contain the same.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The goal is not to encourage/allow a lot of links. We still want to limit the number of outgoing links in the site. We are just waiving the restriction to completely avoid external links.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Awesome!

It is right decision taken by our webmaster Tony John . Generally we see that most of blogger use out going links to increase traffic but they do not use the attribute rel="nofollow"
    Phagu
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Allowing external links in ISC is a right decision, viewers can easily go to the concerned site using external link and get more information about the subject.
    Regards,
    Naveen

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.