You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Me, a mango - creative writing contest

Good afternoon everyone!

This is the third and final series in the "Me" series of contests for this month. It centers around the mango. With rains hitting the parched earth in many parts of India, we will soon be bidding goodbye to the golden fruit. Let's give a fond farewell to this luscious fruit shall we?

What you have to do: Imagine yourself as a mango, any shape, size, type, from any part of India or even the world. Write about yourself in any form, sweet, sour, savoury, in any setting (e.g. a shop, a street side stall, a lunch box, a restaurant, etc). Be as imaginative as possible! You can even trace your entire journey from seed to tree to the final destination, but this is not mandatory. However, note that you should be a physical form of the fruit which can be eaten and not an image/photo/picture/poster/toy and the like.

Instructions
    1. Only one entry per member is allowed. Please put a clickable link to this announcement thread at the end of your entry.
    2. Submit your entry in thecreative writing category of the forum. Put a creative title, with the word 'mango' mentioned in the title. Then submit the URL of your forum thread with a clickable link in a response in this thread.
    3. Write between 400 words minimum up to 750 words maximum in English only. Your entry should be in English, but you can use the traditional Indian words for the name/type of the mango or any aspect related to it. If doing so, at the end of the entry please mention the English meaning of it. You can also include characters with fictional names, conversations, etc & write in any type of genre (e.g. a children's fictional story, some mystery element).
    4. Do not submit short forms of words, slang or anything inappropriate. Adhere to forum posting guidelines.
    5. You may put in one (not more) clickable link to any internal page of ISC if you so wish (not mandatory).
    6. You are allowed to edit your entry at any time prior to the closing date, but not after that. Edits should be for correcting English errors or ensuring it is within the word limit or adding/deleting something. However, the main form, type and setting you first put in should not be changed.

Awards
    1. The 2 best entries will each get a cash award of Rs.150/- and a certificate of creativity from our virtual gift shop.
    2. The 2nd best entry will get a cash award of Rs.100/-.
    4. The 3rd best entry will get a cash award of Rs.75/-.
    5. Consolation prizes may be given of Rs.50/-.
    6. All entries may be given enhanced points & cash credits as per the quality of the entry.

Last date to submit your entry: 28th June 2016 (Tuesday). When the date at ISC changes to 29th, the entries dated 29th and later will be considered as invalid.

Go on….honour the mango with some creative talent!
    I relish mangoes of different varieties. But how can I imagine to be relished by others!
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

My entry for

Yepew-Its my season my tine well their is a whole variety of mango but I am unique Totalari aam

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Here is the entry from my side:

I am the favorite among children. Me a Rasalu variety Mango. The squeezing Mango.

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Hi mam,this is my entry.
    My five star makeover of Delhi-frozen stuffed alphonso mango kulfi

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

My entry for the contest

I am that Mango which is carefully selected and picked

Mangoian Memories- The Left Alone's Story

Submitting my entry for the contest Me, A Mango

keep smiling...

Aadi

This is my farewell for this
    I am dead in real but I am alive in reel

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Here is the link to my entry:
    The tale of the humble mango

This has reference to the announcement:
    Me a mango

Dipankar
    ISC

The result of my humble effort is as under:-

I am the biggest mango of India: Exhibit number 12 of Rajkot Krishi Mela

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

My entry to the contest: Adventures of the Bob(mango)

Dear all,
    I want to participate in this contest and i am also ready with my article. But i am confused as to where do i upload my entry from? Do i have to upload from the article section? or have to go in forum section then in about ISC secction and then in creative writing and submit the entry by clicking Start New Thread/Ask Question. Please Help

My entry for the contest

Fate of an Alphonso mango.

Hi,

Here is a little story for the Me Mango contest...

I remember the taste of Mango as it is very close to my heart. When I was a kid, i remember my family struggling hard for its survival. My father was the only bread earner in the family with around 10 members to take care of.

It was summer, i remember my friends bringing juicy mangoes to the school during lunch. I felt tempted and asked my dad for a mango. He told me, "well, we can not afford buying a mango for our entire family and it is not fair to buy only for you. Here is a deal, i will give you few paise everyday, keep it and once it becomes a huge amount, let me know." I agreed to that and started saving money everyday.

Finally the day has come and showed my dad the collected money that i have. He took me to the nearest market. Unfortunately, all the mangoes were vanished as the season disappeared. I felt bad and started walking alone. It was a village and hence i gone woods. I felt very lazy to walk and slept under a tree. At evening, suddenly i felt something falling on me. When i opened my eyes and see....there is a MANGO beside me. The tree is a mango tree. I felt very happy. I tried pickup few mangoes from there and took home. We enjoyed our best mangoes.
    The story ended happily.

My suggestion is, during every summer, please share or donate a mango to a poor. It makes that particular person very happy. You know "JOY OF SHARING" feeling is immense, that can not be explained in words.

My entry
    The experiences of being a mango

My entry for creative writing competition on mangoes

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/146388-I-was-a-cute-little-mango-my-jouney-to-salvation.aspx

Ms. shweta: Please submit your article with a clickable link quickly. The closing date is fast approaching.

Here is my entry for the contest 'Me., a Mango'
    I am the Wisdom fruit, a special Mango in the universe

No life without Sun ¤

My entry for the contest
    I made my boss a multi-millionaire. A story from a Mango

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.