Me, a mango - creative writing contestGood afternoon everyone!
This is the third and final series in the "Me" series of contests for this month. It centers around the mango. With rains hitting the parched earth in many parts of India, we will soon be bidding goodbye to the golden fruit. Let's give a fond farewell to this luscious fruit shall we?
What you have to do: Imagine yourself as a mango, any shape, size, type, from any part of India or even the world. Write about yourself in any form, sweet, sour, savoury, in any setting (e.g. a shop, a street side stall, a lunch box, a restaurant, etc). Be as imaginative as possible! You can even trace your entire journey from seed to tree to the final destination, but this is not mandatory. However, note that you should be a physical form of the fruit which can be eaten and not an image/photo/picture/poster/toy and the like.
1. Only one entry per member is allowed. Please put a clickable link to this announcement thread at the end of your entry.
2. Submit your entry in thecreative writing category of the forum. Put a creative title, with the word 'mango' mentioned in the title. Then submit the URL of your forum thread with a clickable link in a response in this thread.
3. Write between 400 words minimum up to 750 words maximum in English only. Your entry should be in English, but you can use the traditional Indian words for the name/type of the mango or any aspect related to it. If doing so, at the end of the entry please mention the English meaning of it. You can also include characters with fictional names, conversations, etc & write in any type of genre (e.g. a children's fictional story, some mystery element).
4. Do not submit short forms of words, slang or anything inappropriate. Adhere to forum posting guidelines.
5. You may put in one (not more) clickable link to any internal page of ISC if you so wish (not mandatory).
6. You are allowed to edit your entry at any time prior to the closing date, but not after that. Edits should be for correcting English errors or ensuring it is within the word limit or adding/deleting something. However, the main form, type and setting you first put in should not be changed.
1. The 2 best entries will each get a cash award of Rs.150/- and a certificate of creativity from our virtual gift shop.
2. The 2nd best entry will get a cash award of Rs.100/-.
4. The 3rd best entry will get a cash award of Rs.75/-.
5. Consolation prizes may be given of Rs.50/-.
6. All entries may be given enhanced points & cash credits as per the quality of the entry.
Last date to submit your entry: 28th June 2016 (Tuesday). When the date at ISC changes to 29th, the entries dated 29th and later will be considered as invalid.
Go on….honour the mango with some creative talent!