You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Was she waiting for me?

Last week I was in Kolkata. After a long period of time, I visited my maternal grandparents' residence. My grandparents had long left the world. My maternal uncles are also no more. Only my youngest maternal aunt ('chhoti mami') along with her younger son was there in that grand old mansion. She had been suffering from Parkinson's and Alzheimer's for the last 3 years and had completely lost the ability to recognize people. At the last stage, she was totally bed-ridden.

On last Friday (17th June 2016) evening, I visited her. Was there any flicker of reorganization in her eyes? I don't know. On Saturday (18th June 2016) morning, we got the news that my maternal aunt left the world at 9:30 A.M.

Was she waiting for me? When I last met her, did she recognize me? Was she thinking about my childhood tantrums? Could she remember my stealing of pickles from her jars? Who knows!

Only memories remain!
    We often talk about truth etc. But perhaps death is the only irrefutable truth. Nobody knows as to what actually happens after death. In the Hindu funeral process even the mortal body is reduced to ashes. Scientifically and biologically nothing happens. Only the life ceases and nothing else.
    However my heartfelt condolences to the author on his loss. May God rest the soul in peace and give strength to the bereaved family to bear the loss.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Partha,
    Sorry to note that your Chhoti Mami left for heaven on 18th June which is my B day. May be, she was waiting for you to have a view and to bless you. Though not able, she must have recognized you on the previous day before leaving you forever on the next day. .

My deepest condolence to Partha.

No life without Sun ¤

Yes some times people wont die unless and until they see their more most choicest and dear ones before closing the eyes. When my father in law was very serious, every body came to see him except his second grand son. He is very fond of that boy. We gave him the message to visit as the grand father wants to see him for last time. By the time he arrived, already my father in law was almost dead. When he called Tatha I came, suddenly he opened the eyes with exclamation and that was his last sight. Then he died. Doctor declared him dead. So some people wont loose their life until last wish is fulfilled and they wont leave this world until their liked person was seen.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments