• Category: Amusement

How much can you read?

Hello ISC members,

RED BLUE GREEN PINK YELLOW

GREEN RED PINK BLUE YELLOW

RED BLUE PINK GREEN YELLOW

YELLOW BLUE GREEN PINK RED

PINK RED GREEN BLUE YELLOW

Try to read the colors of words (not words). How much can you read?

Regards,
    Krishna Teja Yeluripati.
    Wow! Such a unique thread I have come across. By default, I read the words itself without concentrating on colors. Later I only concentrated on colours. Even if we want to read only the colors and not the word, without knowledge we will ignore color and concentrate on words.

There are five words and five colors. In each line five words which are incidentally names of the five different colors are written. In none of the lines the words are written in the fonts having the same colors which the words mean.
    Though the word 'Red' is written in all the five lines, but the colors of the fonts are blue, green, pink, pink and green.
    The word 'Blue' is written in green, yellow, yellow, red and blue color fonts.
    The word 'Green' is written in red, yellow, yellow, red and blue color fonts.
    The word 'Pink' is written in green, red, blue, blue and red color fonts.
    The word 'yellow' is written in pink, red, green, green and blue color fonts.
    Each word is written five times, but in only fonts of four colors because each word in written twice using the same color fonts.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Innovative thread from the author and I could read the colors mentioned there. By displacing the words of colors the author made a trick to our eyes and glad that I am also successful.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

This is actually not a unique thread in the sense that it is something created by the author. I have read about it as a test used for some research study (can't recall on what that study was though). When you initially read it, you can do so at a trot, but when you are instructed to say out the colours, then the reading is slower & you tend to miss out on saying the correct colours for some of them.
    Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thank you for this brain test. It is indeed very interesting and refreshing too.

I usually play small brain games to keep my brain active like sudoku and other brain teasers.

The previous answers by other members of this prestigious site also give an insight into this brain teaser.

Sign In to post your comments