You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

ISRO’s 20-satellite launch is successful! Congrats to the scientists!

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Wednesday launched a record twenty satellites from its Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Andhra Pradesh's Sriharikota. The launch of PSLV C-34/ Cartosat-2 Series Satellite Mission took place at 9:26 a.m. IST. Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C34 is being used to carry the satellites, including India's earth observation spacecraft Cartosat-2, from the second launch pad of the space centre. The PSLV-C34 mission is being called as the biggest ever mission for India's space agency.

Let us congratulate the great scientists of our country, who are silently but steadily taking India to greater heights in the field of space research.
    Out of the total satellites launched successfully, seventeen belonged to foreign countries. There were thirteen satellites from the United States, two from Canada and one each from the Germany and Indonesia.
    The record of launch of maximum number of satellites in a single mission belongs to Russia which had launched 37 satellites in 2014. NASA had so far launched 29 satellites in a single mission.
    It is said that the developed countries are nowadays not preferring to launch satellites due to environmental considerations.
    However, all of us are feeling proud about the achievement of ISRO and our country . The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lauded the achievement as a monumental one.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#568526 : Yes, this successful launch has opened a new vista of commercial opportunities before ISRO and the country. This opportunity must be availed.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Once again the Scientists at ISRO have proved their mantle and shown to the world that given the right input and work freedom. they can go many steps forward and show case a supremacy in space programs which is good to the country as future is seems to be bright for the commercial utilization of our space technology for the other countries. ISRO has been very sincere and hard working in designing and exploring new avenues on how to launch many satellites at one go and that is really cost effective and once again proved that Indian have much brains and capability than others. I join others of this Nation to heartily congrats our beaming scientists.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

A great achievement by the Indian Space Research Organisation. Congratulations to all the scientists involved in this operation. It is a proud moment for India and it's scientists.
    With regards

" Be Good and Do Good "

It is indeed a remarkable achievement and I join the nation in congratulating the ISRO team! We need to be proud that seventeen of the twenty satellites belonged to foreign countries but at the same time, I feel, must also take into account whether our launch pads are being utilized due to their efficiency or has it got something to do with keeping their environment zones safe.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Our scientists ,engineers and al those who are directly and indirectly connected to this need our sincere support and congratulations.

Our political leadership also needs to be commented favourably for their support and encouragement.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

It is a great achievement. Surely it will encourage the scientist to develop more satellites which is provide better service. These type of technological contributions will make india a top country in space. Congratulating all the members behind the success.

Really it is a proud to our country. I read in facebook while congratulating our Indian team a friend wrote that once upon a time US refused to carry our GPS Support on our request but in 2016 we are carrying the same American's satellite into the orbit. It is the mark to our scientific development. Kudos to ISRO.

If you think logically there is no rocket science needed for this If NASA can capable of sending more than 30 satellites, Canada had capable of sending more than 20 satellites and so on ... why they prefer to send the satellites from this country because they don't want to spoil their own environment and there is huge murmur from people, central government research centers are not generating any revenue (this question is raised in parliament and even President also said that the research centers should work efficiently ) therefore they decided to fill the fuel in rockets at filling station in sullurpet Andhra Pradesh India send them and get paid for that at the cost of the spoiling the environment. When I was working in ISRO as a outsourcing employee I do have lot of interaction with Scientists -B, Scientists -C and Scientists -D they themselves told they don't have any work and they are sitting ideal for all the days. This is truth believe me.
    If you ask your doubt you are fool for 5 minutes but if you don't you are fool forever -- Chinese proverb

Congratulations to ISRO for achieving such a milestone.

Well if there is a rumour that countries in the west are not launching satellites because they do not want to spoil their environment, i should make it clear that NASA is now looking for private companies of Elon musk and Jeff Bezos which are based in united states to launch their satellites .

So i don't think there is a foul play.

Its a great discussion

Launching a satellite result spoiling the environment this is a hard truth everybody should know this. If you ask any intellectual they will tell the same thing.
    If you ask your doubt you are fool for 5 minutes but if you don't you are fool forever -- Chinese proverb

Sign In to post your comments