You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

My link is not activating, why?

Dear Editors of ISC,

For an hour I am trying hard to copy the link of my writing, for the contest Me, A Mango -to the comment box of the main post. I couldnt do that. That link is working in other apps. What to do.? In the creative section of ISC contents I wrote a short thing for the contest. Is there any specific way to copy the title as the exact link. Waiting to edit and post the link soon.
    Adila,
    You are having problems putting the HTML tags to give a direct link? Please clarify. You can refer to this for guidance: How to use important HTML tags.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

No Mam, you asked to post a clickable link in the comment box of 'Me ,A Mango ' contest,right? So I wrote something in the creative session and tried to copy paste the link in the comment box.Its not seen as a link but mere address without that blue hyperlink.How can I participate in tthe contest if that link is not working?
    keep smiling...

Aadi

Delete Attachment

Adila,

You cannot literally copy-paste a link, but only the URL in text form as it appears in the browser. To give the blue clickable link, you need to put in HTML tags in your response and put the URL and anchor text in the correct place within those tags. Please read this guide: How to create a hyperlink (clickable link) to other pages?

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Use HTML for creating hyperlink. Just copying the link will not provide a clickable link. Folow the below mentioned code

< a href="your link">anchor text< /a>

I have left a space before the first a and after the last a so that the code is visible. Do not leave any space while you create a link.

Live....and Let Live...!

Adila - Please read my following article. There is one section in the same regarding how to insert clickable links also -
    How to work effectively and conveniently on IndiaStudyChannel

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Thankyou all for your kind help. I did it successfully..
    keep smiling...

Aadi

Sign In to post your comments