You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you undertaken two wheeler travelling for long distance to enjoy ?

Now a days going by train and bus for some distance has become a problems as we are not getting the reserved tickets. Hiring a car to far of places would be costly affair. And if some friends team up and undertake a long distance travel with total care and back up how would be that idea. Have you ever been to long places. Yesterday I had been to Medak district on two wheeler with my son and that very adventurous. Stopping at some places of interest, enjoying the nature and then resuming the journey was really fun. Please share your two wheeler traveling experience for long distances.
    I have stopped riding/driving two wheelers long back. Incidentally, I used to drive a two wheeler in the city of Nerul, a suburb in the Navi Mumbai where I used to live for few years. But my ventures were restricted only up to hair cutting salons etc.
    Driving two wheelers on long trips involve driving on highways. Only wearing helmets is not sufficient in such cases. Main hazard lies in sudden appearance of a bike at high speed at the crossings. More over most of the highways get reduced like a city main roads very soon. The road side shops and vendors encroach most of the highways also on either side at all inhabited places like markets etc. throughout the route. The local people in the market area cross the roads leisurely as if they are the lords. They sort of dare the rider to touch them so that they can thrash them as a reciprocating gesture.
    In my opinion, long distance travel on a two wheeler should be avoided as far as possible.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Those who enjoy their driving can only understand the joy of doing a long distance travel.Long distance travel either by four wheeler or two wheeler is a real thrill. I enjoy doing long distance travel by four wheeler. I am not using two wheeler for the past fifteen years. Once I did a not so long distance travel of about 300 KM. by scooter. Whether we are travelling on city road or highway, the danger is the same. Without adventure life becomes dull. I get thrilled whenever I read the travelogues of of people on four wheeler and two wheeler. Once I did a long journey by car from my hometown Kakinada - Gopalpur on sea-Puri-Konark- Bhubaneshwar- Visakhapatnam-Kakinada. Many people do the most dangerous drive to Ladakh and Leh. Adventurous youth do the same drive by two wheeler.
    We have the liberty to stop wherever we like and also enjoy the nature. There will be always dangers and we have to take necessary precautions but we should not curb the streak of adventurism in us.

With regards

" Be Good and Do Good "

I really enjoy two wheeler riding. When I bought my Bajaj Chetak scooter, I went on a long trip from Goa to Karwar with my better half, and we returned on the same day before dark. It was a pleasant and memorable journey. Two wheeler riding would be pleasant during day, but dangerous during night. I love highway riding. My chetak would fly at 90 kmph (Day)on the national highway.
    No life without Sun ¤

Yes, I traveled a distance of nearly 65+65km by a motor cycle as pillion rider. Our office Bhubaneswar Branch service incharge Mr.Margabandu took me to Konark from Bhubaneswar once when I visited Bhubaneswar in the year 1983. It was really pleasure one while we crossing the Huge River MahaNadhi. He drove very normally and without any jerk or high speed.
    Thanks Mohan sir, for making me to remember the trip as well Mr.Margabandu (I do not know now where he is).

@Mohan Garu,
    It's been a long time having a long journey on bike with friends. Last time, I had a bike journey way back in 2009 from Hyderabad to Vemulawada Rajarajeshwari Temple. Ride was very exciting and memorable, Also the weather supported us all the day.

Except the fact that, We are increasing the CO2 footprint by opting this way, It has many advantages.

Yours,
    K K

Sign In to post your comments