You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Short-term impact of 'Brexit' on Indian economy

Although I am not a student of Economics, I have been thinking about short-term effects of 'Brexit' on Indian economy. In my opinion, the short-term impacts would be as under:-

(i) Rupee will depreciate because of the double effect of foreign fund outflow and rise of dollar.
    (ii) The depreciation of INR can guarantee lower commodity and crude prices for a longer duration.
    (iii) 'Brexit' will cause inflationary tendency in the country.
    (iv) Retail petrol prices have risen by Rs 4.97 a litre after the June 15 hike, while diesel prices are up by Rs 7.72, taking both of them to their highest levels in a year, hurting the consumers. The price of petrol and diesel may rise further.

However, I think that these impacts would be short-term. I strongly feel that Indian economy has acquired the inherent strength to take care of these impacts.
    The topic is already under discussion here. Please check the index before posting threads on current topics.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.