You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Unknown ISC members around us

Today morning in the bus I met a girl who was sitting beside me. She was new to this place and asked me for some address. And the conversation between us started as to from were she is and were she is working etc. In between the conversation, I took out my mobile and was opened my browser and ISC site got opened. I started having a glance on the updates in ISC. The girl noticed that page and asked what was it about and I explained her about this site. To my surprise, she was also a member of ISC. She told me that she got to know about this site through her friend and had joined the site but not active in the recent past for some reasons. She also told me that she will create a new account and get active again.
    What I realised from this is, there might be ISC members around us but we will not know. But if we meet a person and get to know that he is also an ISC member, then that happiness is something different which I experienced today.
    There are more than 8,60,000 registered members of ISC, but I think hardly few hundred are active on regular basis. Many enthusiastic members join and after continuing for sometime, become inactive due to various reasons. I remember few brilliant members who appeared during the last one year and impressed all concerned. Few of them won prizes like star of the week, star of the month, TOW awards etc., but due to their compelling circumstances, could not remain active for longer periods.
    I think many newbies come to know about ISC from friends and through internet browsing, and join with the intent and purpose of earning despite the fact that ISC is a great website for learning. Such members are like fireflies who come, glow, bewitch us and then vanish. Last year a campaign was also launched by the ISC to invite old members who had a sterling record in the past and many of them had granted us audience also.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sushma,

Glad to know you met a family member! If you are in contact with her, you can tell her not to open a new account, but just to return with the old account itself. An account never closes at ISC! ISCians are always welcome to return anytime, no matter how many years a gap it may be.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Yes its true lot of member may have duplicate accounts as per you example. So if people get some alert time to time to become active here then it help him to become active for long time.

I am also not much active but I make presence here time to time or once in a week.

Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

Hi vandana, unfortunately we did not share our contact details. But if I meet her while travelling in the same route, I will definitely inform her. The reason she gave me for creating a new account was because she does not remember her login details.

Sushma,
    You are really a lucky guy to see an ISC member physically. I always dream of meeting ISC friends while in bus or train or elsewhere. Even I wrote a dream story about meeting an ISCian in a bus. I don't remember it.

No life without Sun ¤

Once I happened to meet a woman who was a member of ISC and not active anymore.We talked about many thins but she did not show much interest to dicuss ISC.
    With regards

" Be Good and Do Good "

During my bus and training journeys, I canvassed many individuals to join ISC. They all said Ok and fine, to see none at ISC. Even my own relatives and friends are reluctant to be active despite getting them registered at ISC. They feel uncomfortable to swim in ISC sea, I think.
    No life without Sun ¤

Yes I also sometimes feel that out of 8,60,000 members scattered over the Nation at least one would come across me personally and have conversation. But that is not happening. When ever some one comes to Hyderabad they can meet me and have personal exchange of pleasantries.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

To be honest, I can say that one big reason why people got scattered was the introduction of sister sites. I started my journey in ISC initially with full flow. The first week of joining, I was announced as star of the week. But later I was driven away to sister sites. Another reason why I lost interest was because, after several attempts I couldn't get my adsense account approved.

I was then away from ISC for many years focusing on many other things. The post that Vandana Tagged was the reason why I came back to ISC. After I came back, I was inspired by just one man which was K Mohan sir (I know that I'm mentioning his name several times in various forum responses but the inspiration from him did help me come back). Still energetic with his never ending contributions. That's how I started and I thought I will be able to spend few hours a week in ISC. I'm happy now to be a part of ISC.

Still I'm finding some difficulties in allocating time for ISC but its good to be back. Thanks to Vandana for that post.

Thanks and Regards,
    S Balasubramanian

Quote: "It doesn't matter what we want. once we get it, then we want something else."

Sign In to post your comments