You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Music

Let us remember this great musical talent on his birthday!

Generally we see that the sons and daughters of great actors, singers and music directors can't prosper. They go into oblivion. People remember their parents. They are constantly compared with their parents. This is the general trend.

But R.D. Burman is a notable exception. He curved his own niche. He moved on a separate path which was totally different from his illustrious father, S.D. Burman's 'Bhatiali'-based songs. He successfully fused western music with Indian tunes. R.D became immensely popular for his own style; he never copied his father's style. His distinctive voice as a singer is also required to be mentioned.

Even his last film (as a music director), '1942-A love story' has been a classic in terms of new form of music.

R.D. Burman was born on 27th June, 1939 in Kolkata. Let us remember this great musical talent on his 77-th birthday.
    Google has paid tribute to the legendary music director R.D.Burman through a doodle on its home page. He had won three Filmfare award for best music director in the years 1983, 1984 and 1995.
    I reminisce his following numbers to pay my tribute to him -
    1. 'Pyar hame kis mod pe le aaya'.
    2. 'Tumse mil ke aisa laga'.
    3. 'Bahon me chale aao'.
    4. 'Mere sapno ki rani'.
    Unlike his father S.D. Burman, the work of R.D. Burman was influenced by western music also. He is also credited for creating new sounds as a part of his music compositions by novel methods like rubbing sand paper or knocking bamboo sticks together.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

When I opened the Google search engine this morning, great to see the doodle dedicated to the Birthday of great Music Director R D Burman and suddenly I remembered his song " Kayeko roye, " from film Aradhana which was sung by him.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

First of all Thank you to Partha for coming out with this thread.

R.D.Burman was fondly called "Pancham Da" because of his love of the fifth note "Pa". His rich contributions to the Indian film industries will be always remembered. When the Super star Rajesh Khanna's super stardom ends and new Super star Amitabh arised, the music composer of that era struggle a lot because there was not much room for romantic songs in Amitabh movie. However, RD come up with his own style and gave some beautiful songs.

We all music lover will never forget him the gift he gave us in musical tunes.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Sign In to post your comments