You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Iftar parties on government expenses. Is that acceptable for faithful Rozadars ?

We all know that Muslims observe fasting during Ramzan month and that is considered sacred and that is done from their heart. And after ending the fast, they take fruit and dinner at their own expense. In fact the entire Ramzan month Roza and other expenses are met from their end and not to be borrowed of lent. In that case what is the sanctity if the faithfuls accept the Iftar party thrown open by the government , graced by the politicians and attended by many who never kept Roza. And thus I see a farce in this whole arrangement. For faithfuls it is not good to go for such parties. Just ponder over and respond.
    As far as I know there is no such condition that the iftar should be at one's own cost only. Often it is observed in community with family, friends, neighbors, acquaintances and relatives etc.
    Iftar parties organised by Mumbai politician Baba Siddique are quite famous. During one such iftar party he made Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan to hug each other.
    As far as political parties are concerned, history is being made this year. Congress party is not organizing any iftar party this year and RSS is organizing its first iftar party in its history of 90 years. The political parties organize iftar to demonstrate that they are in the good books of the Muslim voters.
    Political leaders like Mulayam Singh Yadav, Lalu Yadav, Nitish Kumar, Ram Vilas Paswan and Mamata Banerjee etc. organize at least one such iftar party during the pious month of Ramzan.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Kailash during Ramazan month, the true muslim who takes to five times prayer a day, wont go to such iftars which has no sanctitiy.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The Ramdan fast was going on for years and years. Neighbours also supported and participated willingly in sharing. However it was not made out in those days, as it is done by some now.
    For those who fasted it was just a normal thing, and for those in other faiths who had their own rituals at other times they understood this well and had inner respect.

Each faith respected the rights and choice of the other faith.

Todays' public show of Iftar parties by politicians and organisations in these days appear more as a show and publicity stunt. The real devout do it without any fanfare.

The visual media has helped those who want publicity.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Sign In to post your comments