You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The adventurer in you!

When we think of the word 'adventure' , what all things come to our mind? What I can see in my mind is, people doing adventurous activities. Like bungee jumping, cliff diving, underwater gliding etc. But is that all about adventure? When I think deeply, I realise life itself is an adventure. Think of our lives. What all experiences do we go through? From childhood till where we are now. We all have been through many ups and downs like failure, winning, loss of loved ones and material possessions that were dear to us, departures, arrivals etc. The list can go on and on. Some offer glad tidings while some experiences offer depressive days. So we are on a roller-coaster of emotions throughout our life. From the moment we stepped into this world crying and making others smile, we have signed up for an adventurous journey. We are all adventurers, not only the ones doing adventurous sports. We have it in us. We all have. So cheers to the adventurer in you!

This is my entry for TOW Adventure.
    The word adventure itself testifies that some thing unusual and different from the routines. And the activities mentioned by the author wont be attempted by all and and even thinking positively to do them is adventure.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

What the author mentioned is a routine life. Each and every person undergoes all the problems mentioned by the author. An adventurous person is one who takes up a challenging task on his own and enjoys it. Without adventure, life becomes routine.
    With regards

" Be Good and Do Good "

We come across many adventurous situations in day to day life. In metro cities like Delhi and Mumbai, crossing the roads itself is a bid adventure. Though subways and foot over bridges are provided at many places and zebra crossings are also there, but often people tend to cross roads at their own convenient point putting their life to risk. After crossing the road successfully, one feels like Alexander the Great.
    Another example of adventure in day to day life is the daily commutation to the workplace. Riding local trains in Mumbai or city buses in Delhi is nothing less than an adventure.
    Thus apart from the usual ups and downs in normal human life, there are many man made adventurous situations also.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

What I meant is in our day to day life too, we have to face so many challenges, and sometimes we have no other choice than building up the strength and bravery to fight them. Sometimes it requires more courage than these adventurous activities to face the situations of life. May be some people are luckier than others in life when it comes to the situations of thier life. So what is routine for us may not be so for some others. They have to face life each day with new strength and those people for me are adventurers.

@ Waheeda
    On second thoughts, I feel life is an adventure in itself. After responding to your thread, I started to think again and I realised that life is an adventure in itself. We have to be prepared all the time to face new challenges. Problems crop up from nowhere and one should be prepared to face them. Yes, I accept that life is an adventure in itself.

With regards

" Be Good and Do Good "

It is good to give a thought on adventure. As everyone mentioned life itself is an adventure but only if you take it in the right direction. If you are not an adventurous person then obviously you will find yourself low during the tough situations of life. Also it is not practical to take everything that happens in the life a adventures. But the realization comes on the go.

For some people leaving their day to day life and day to day activities and going to a peaceful place where they get more challenges that is not going to help them with their life is called adventure. But some people take up tasks that are adventurous in order to self boss to their friends or in social networks to say that they are capable of involving themselves in those activities. So for some people it becomes a nature to do something for fame.

Life is by default an adventure, the fact is that you should understand it and take it in the right way.

Thanks and Regards,
    S Balasubramanian

Quote: "It doesn't matter what we want. once we get it, then we want something else."

Life is definitely an adventure to many. But the real effect of adventure is in the experience of unexplored things and enjoying them. But we can make our life a very planned excursion also if we take guidance, precautions and proper efforts.
    ==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Sign In to post your comments