You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

When adventure turns into remorse and then a lifelong nightmare.

There are always Bunch of school kids who thinks that every rebelious things they do are a part of adventure like bunking the class and roaming around in the dangerous areas near forests, rivers without anyones permission and without any ones supervision.
    Sometimes these adventures results in a lifelong nightmare and trauma we find these examples daily in the newspapers and in our surrounding.
    There are lot of such stories like-kids drowning in river that too in school hours and no one evven was aware where they were, peoples died just to take a selfi from an adventurous location and somehow lost their balance and fell.
    And a lot more stories somehow our society has failed to teach kids the difference between adventure and danger.
    Kids find every rebellious and dangerous thing adventurous and in this quest to find an adventurous life they fell prey to every bad aspect of society like drug addiction and other dangerous activities.
    In some cases they dont even realise there mistakes And when they relalise that these things are not real adventures
    Their adventure has turned into remorse and then a lifelong nightmare
    Unfortunately almost every year we hear few sad news of many college students drowning in the rivers/lakes/ocean during their picnic trips. The television channels start broadcasting news about the number of bodies fished out and numbers still missing. Then there starts the blame game and talk about fixing the responsibility on college management and the quantum of financial relief to be paid. But the whole world of the families involved gets shattered. Often in such cases, due to peer pressure, the students indulge in high risk activities. They fail to gauge the might of flowing water and succumb. Many girl students also die in such activities.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes some adventures are risky and even takes the valuable life. Parental guidance to such adventure along with some professional help would go a long way without any accident or loss of life.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Neelam, only on reading this now that I see that I have also taken similar line of thinking for my entry. Had I read this before posting my entry, I would have reconsidered. As I was facing some net connectivity problems, I did not read many posts. when I saw the announcement straight, I typed and posted.

This is a message we need to spread to create awareness in youngsters. Good attempt.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Sign In to post your comments