You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Problemin internet download,ISC connection very slow many sites do not open

I am using BSNL WiMax broadband for internet.
    Since last two days I am having some problems. I am not getting sites like Yahoo(Yahoo mail), etc. Even ISC I am not getting fast. It takes lot of time to open new pages in ISC also. I was connecting through WiFi. I changed from WiFi and gave direct connection also. Then also same situation.
    I have spoken to BSNL call centre customer care. They said they don't see any problem, but have lodged complaint.
    When I checked with the online sped tester of BSNL, it shows bandwidth reading 1.05 Mbps(DOWNLOAD speed in kilo bytes notation is 134.11 Kilo Bytes/sec).
    What can be the issue? Is there any problem with my system or is there problem with BSNL signal? When using wifi it was showing signal strength of two bars only. As I would like to have various opinions from experiences of members, I am not posting this in Ask Experts.
    I am also using BSNL. I do not find any problem. My system is Ok. However, I received an SMS like this:
    BA-BSBLDC
    28/06/2016
    12:16
    Dear Customer, Your Broadband usage crossed 80% limit applicable on 27-JUN-16 and your BBconnection will work at lower speed once your usage reaches 100%. Please connect to http://172.30.3.130:8080 to restore FUP speed by opting suitable Top-Up plan. Ignore if already done.

What is this? I did not opt for any suitable top-up plan. Did you receive any such alert message from BSNL?
    This also could be the reason for your slow connection.

No life without Sun ¤

Venkiteswaran & Sun,

It is a network/bandwidth related problem only. It is quite possible that you might have exhausted the data limit of the plan you have opted for. When that limit is crossed the speed/ bandwidth reduces drastically & one cannot open sites with heavy traffic.

Another problem could be a virus in the system if there isn't any good antivirus installed.

Yes the connection to our site is getting invariably delayed and today I facing unusual way of site being cut off suddenly and then we have to connect. Through Chrome the problem is more and I am now using Mozila and so far the site went off two times.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I was also doubting as what Gypsy mentioned. My plan is unlimited plan. However I checked the conditions of the usage, and it did not mention any FUP. This is probably the second time it happens since I took the connection. Last time I asked same question to them. They answered that it was not of that.

I did not find any proper email ID to send complaints to BSNL. Only the call centre number is the resort. Even that gets dis connected. Generally it used to be problem free.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

The author should check the status of installed anti-virus system. Often speed gets affected due to viruses also.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

@kailashji, It is not virus problem. My Internet security is uptodate and everything is Okay.
    Moreover, when I connect through tethering from my mobile phone, I am getting to open sites. Right now I am posting this by tethering from my mobile phone.

So the issue is something like Gypsy pointed out. I have sent E mail to the BSNL customer care telling them about this and that I am not aware of any FUP in that particular plan.

I am waiting for their reply or rectification.

Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

The name/description of the plan is likely to be mentioned in the bills being received regularly. Generally all plans have some GB's as normal quota and after consumption of the same, speed is downgraded to 512 kbps. The term unlimited plan merely denotes that the connectivity will be maintained though speed will vary according to the plan selected.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

A little while ago someone called me from BSNL. He said they are working on this and the problem is sector error. What it means, I don't know.But still problem persists. Hope it will be solved without undue delay.

Well, my BSNL broadband is down since last 4 - 5 days. There has been wide disruption due to heavy rains. I am forced to use WiFi hotspot form my Mobile internet. It has been too costly and that has been the reason for my low level of performance.

Cant see when will the issue get resolved.

Live....and Let Live...!

On my follow up again with the call centre, they informed that my complaint is in 'processing' and the issue is of 'coverage' and it may take a little time.

Actually I am experiencing the problem since three and half days. First day when I complained to the call centre number, the operator told me that their system was down and hence could not d anything. He 'politely' asked me to call after two hours. As it was evening I did not try further that day. Next day I tried to contact call center complaint centre many times and got successful at last to lodge a complaint and they promised complaint number will be given as SMS to my mobile. Nothing came. So I guessed its fate.

Again I tried in the afternoon, and somehow got them and he gave the complaint number. As abundant caution, I made an online complaint to some id by trial and error.

Today morning when I was just coming out of my house for going to market, someone called me on my mobile and that I reported in my post no.569330 above.
    After waiting for this much time, I again contacted call centre to know the status of my complaint. It was then that they said 'processing'.
    The wait continues... hoping for best soon.

I feel the issue is solved. I am now able to open all sites fast. Thanks BSNL staff.

Sign In to post your comments