You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Bengaluru's first woman cab driver found hanging; suicide suspected!

Bengaluru city's first woman cab driver Bharathi Veerath was discovered hanging in her rented home on Monday last evening. Her taxi, a Ford Fiesta, was found abandoned near her house. Her death is being treated as a case of suicide, though no suicide letter has been found.

Bharathi hogged the limelight when she joined Uber two years ago. She had relocated to Bengaluru from Andhra Pradesh ten years ago and was living in Bengaluru alone.

It is really an astonishing event!
    Yes, even I read the new before sometime. She was the first women cab driver in Bangalore. She was first doing tailoring job and helping her family. She started her career in driving by joining Angel cabs and then moved to Uber in 2013.
    This is really shocking news and investigation is carried out to find out the reason for her death though no death note is written.

I was responding to this sad news through other thread just now. Police must be investigating the case as she hogged the lime light and this case should not taken easily.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Bharathi who hailed from Warangal in Telangana was unmarried and living alone. She was a brave lady and used to drive her cab till late in the night up to 11 - 11.30 PM and sometimes even up to 01.00 AM. In an interview to the thestatesman.com, she had admitted that she never came across any unpleasant passenger. Only further investigation by the police will reveal about the actual/possible cause of her taking the extreme step of suicide.
    May God rest her soul in peace.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments