You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

When you know many languages, then write your own name picking one letter from each language.

A thought flashed in mind that some times our signatures are faked and even copied by others just because it is simple and we write just write our name as the signature. Many of us know more than two or three languages perfectly and why not we try to write our name by picking up one or two letter from each language and make your name. It not only looks good and it can be read only if other person knows that language. More over copying the same would be difficult. I am giving the example of my name below. Just try your name and post it.
    Here is the sample signature of mine made out of three languages. Identify the same and know.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Delete Attachment

Really good, I like it! It forced me to remember that during my teen-age days, I also started this experiment with my signature. I used to sign using English, Bengali and Devnagri script. But one of my relatives (working in a bank) told me that such signatures may create various problems in future. So, ultimately I discarded this signature.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Technically there is nothing objectionable in people creating their signatures the way they like. The only requirement is that they should be able to reproduce the same each time exactly as it is registered in the records. Working people are required to put their signatures more at their workplaces for various purposes, but non-working individuals like housewives etc. require the same mostly for banking purposes etc.
    The best and inimitable signature is the God given signature i.e. biometrics like iris scan and thumb impressions. Earlier only illiterate people used to use thumb impressions , but nowadays almost all individuals use their thumb impressions while registering attendance at their workplace or in Aadhaar Card like ID proof documents. Gradually use of thumb impression or finger prints is increasing. In ATMs also people will be able to use their biometrics for operating the same.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Your idea is neither good nor bad. A signature should be a symbol of that particular individual. A signature need not be read and understood. In fact, a signature should be tough enough to copy and misuse. 90 percent of the Indians sign in English to feel proud of themselves. Even an illeterature learns to sign in English. Many feel themselves low if they sign in their regional language.

See attachment to see my signature in 'TAMLISH'

No life without Sun ¤

Delete Attachment

The signature can be forged by cheats even if you use dozen languages for your signature. To forge the signature, knowledge of language is not needed. There will be problems if we use different language letters in our signature. A thumb impression is the best when it comes to stop forging.
    With regards

" Be Good and Do Good "

Mr. KVR Rao,
    You are right. Signatures can be easily forged. It is very true that thumb impression cannot be forged.

In important documents, we should insist for thumb impression and also the signature. It is done in Sub-registrar offices while buying and selling properties. However, many fraudulent transactions take place in those offices only .

No life without Sun ¤

Instead of discussions, like the Sun responded, I want members to append their names the way it was suggested.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

This is my try
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

untitled.bmp

Delete Attachment

Saroji,
    What a lovely printed signature!. No one on this earth would affix such a signature, I am sure.

@ You should have used a writing tool (pen) from the paint section and signed. Also I suggest you to use JPG instead of bmp.

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments