You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Guess the Author Contest 2nd edition - answers and winners

Only 6 entries were submitted for the Guess the Author Contest 2nd edition. None of the participants got all correct answers.

Despite the low number of entries, the prizes will still be awarded. As per the announcement of the cash prizes, the one who got the most correct entries wins the prize of Rs.50/-. That member is Sun, with 2 correct entries. The two participants who got at least 1 right, namely Partha and Rajee, will each get Rs.40/-

The participants, entry times & answers sent are as follows:
    1. Sun - Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 12:59 PM
    GA 1 - Mr. Partha Kansabanik
    GA 2 - Mr. Balasubramaniam S
    GA 3 - Mr. Jagdish Patro
    GA 4 - Mr. Kailash Kumar
    GA 5 - Ms. Juana

2. Sushma - Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 1:31 PM
    GA1: Sushma
    GA2: K mohan
    GA3: Saroja
    GA4: Kailash Kumar
    GA5:Bhushan

3. ar - Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 4:32 PM
    GA1:K Mohan
    GA2:Saroja
    GA3:Kailash Kumar
    GA4:neelam joshi
    GA5:ar

4. Partha - Jun 26, 2016 at 9:26 PM
    GA-1: Bhushan
    GA-2: K.V. Raghava Rao
    GA-3: Jagdish Patro
    GA-4: ar
    GA-5: K. Mohan

5. Rajee - Jun 26, 2016 at 10:41 PM
    GA 1 (Bhushan)
    GA 2 (Venkiteswaran)
    GA 3 (Jagdish Patro)
    GA 4 (Kailash Kumar)
    GA 5 (Juana)

6. Jagdish - Jun 26, 2016 at 10:53 PM
    GA1 Ramakrishna Kambhampati
    GA2 Venkateswaran
    GA 3 me
    GA 4 Juana
    GA5 Seema Shah

The answers are as follows:
    GA 1 - Sushma
    GA 2 - Balasubramaniam S
    GA 3 - Jagdish Patro
    GA 4 - Farheen Khan
    GA 5 - ar
    Common theme: the topics given were categories/sub-categories of our Ask Expert section.

Thanks to the 6 participants for showing an interest in this contest. The cc for correct answers will be credited to your entry responses, as also the winning prizes. Please let me know if any mistakes in the prizes/cc.
    My heartiest congratulations to the winners of the contest Sun, Partha and Rajee.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Congratulations to all SIX participants who participated in this very tough contest (including me)! I also congratulate Ms. Vandana for successfully organising this contest.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Congratulations to the winners of 'Guess the Author 2nd Edition' contest.

Let us continue learning.

Oh! My God! I got the first prize just with my two right answers. Thanks to God. Hearty congratulations to Partha and Rajee.

Thanks to Vandana for organizing this GA contest. It was really a tough task to guess the right authors among dozens of active authors in the forums.

My humble request to Vandana: Please don't lose heart. Try and conduct your 3rd edition of GA as suggested by me. Instead of leaving it open for a wild guess, it would be better to list out the authors with few dummy authors to confuse. If done, there would be more and more participants to your GA contest.

No life without Sun ¤

Congrats to participants and winners. (And of course the conductor).
    ==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Congrats to all winner whom participate in this contest and good wishes for me.
    Saket singh
    Everyday Learner

My best wishes and heartiest congratulations to the winners of the guess the author contest and Sun emerged as winner and Partha and Rajee also as partial winners.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Madam ME, I have received 5 points and Rs. 2/- for my single correct answer. Now I am eagerly waiting for cash prize of Rs. 40/-.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Congratulations to Sun, Rajee and Partha for sharing the spoils from the contest. Your efforts were appreciable.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Congratulations to Sun, Rajee and Partha for winning this unique contest.
    I couldn't participate as on Sundays, I do not get time for ISC.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Congratulations to Mr. Sun and Mr. Partha. Very happy to see my name among the winners of the Guess the Author contest with only one correct answer.

Awards are credited.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

If success is 1, then its definite that you're starting from Zero!

Congratulations to all the winners is Sun, Partha and Rajee,
    If you ask your doubt you are fool for 5 minutes but if you don't you are fool forever -- Chinese proverb

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.