You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why despite policing, the status of implementation of rules is poor in India?

Yesterday I was watching a program on television in which the status of traffic rules compliance in India and US were being compared. It was reported that in US no traffic policemen are seen on roads, though the status of compliance of traffic rules is exemplary. They said that for ensuring compliance of rules, policing is not considered necessary, instead the citizens themselves read and understand the rules and comply on their own.
    On the contrary, we always find traffic policemen busy in performing their duties on almost every intersection of the road, though the violations are rampant.
    Why despite policing, the status of implementation of rules is poor in India?
    Who said that Traffic policing has not improved in India ? In this regard I have even raised a thread some time back that Hyderabad is the first city to introduce Cope less traffic junctions through which the entire traffic is controlled through CCTV cameras and no cop present. Firstly we too observed road users not following the rules in the absence of any traffic police, but when the wrong doers got whole number of fines through e challan, then they realized their mistakes and started obeying. The good thing is that old city people does not obey the rules of law in any matter and they are now following everything including wearing helmet .
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments