You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Government employees! Today is 1st July.

1st July of every year is very important for the Government employees. The seniority and eligibility of the Government employees are worked out on 1st July of a particular year. The vacancy in various grades is calculated as on 1st July of a particular year. After the VIth CPC, the increment is given on 1st July of every year. (However, VIIth CPC has proposed two dates for increments, 1st January and 1st July, according to individual employees' benefit/convenience.)

So, Government employees! Please reach office today on time and mark your attendance as early as possible.
    Yes the progress report of every employee is being updated on 1st July and recommendations are sent to the concerned department head for consideration and actions. That is the routine practice.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Nice information. I was not aware that 1 July was very important for Government employees. Ignoring a few government officials, most of the employees are very sincere in their work. I was having a thought that all the government officials are someone who don't do their job well. But from a recent learning I understood that there are only few people like that who go to their job and do nothing. And nice to know this information.
    Thanks and Regards,
    S Balasubramanian

Quote: "It doesn't matter what we want. once we get it, then we want something else."

Especially, this JULY is a month to remember. It is this JULY that VIIth Pay Commission has been accepted and implemented. I am sure, on First of August, all Central Government Employees will carry home a good pay and earn the respect of their good spouses and children in a very special way. A lovely JULY that comes once in 10 years to celebrate & rejoice in a beautiful way.
    No life without Sun ¤

Thanks for giving us such a useful information. I will make sure that all my government employee friends will know this.

There are few more things associated with July 1 -
    1. It is the date of birth of Bharat Ratna Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, a legendary physician and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal. The date is therefore observed as the National Doctor's Day in India.
    2. It is the date of birth of Chandrashekhar, former Prime Minister of India and Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, the internationally acclaimed flautist.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments