You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: Miscellaneous
- #569595Well in India we have the habit of getting the issues settled out of court as we know undue delay it takes in giving a verdict. Moreover dog bite, dog injuries and other issues concerning dog is sole matter of its owner.
I consider myself as the learner everyday
- #569629The pet owners are expected to ensure following -
1. To ensure that their pets are not a source of nuisance to others.
2. Barking being a natural form of expression of the dogs, the society has to be tolerant to the same. However incessant barking disturbs the neighbors. Therefore the pet owners are expected to keep their pets quite especially during night hours.
3. To keep their pets clean and healthy. Regular vaccinations and healthcare is expected and sterilization is recommended.
4. To clean up when the pets defecate in public premises. However there is no law regarding the same.
Section 289 (negligent conduct with respect to animal) and section 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code apply in case the pet causes injury to an individual and a FIR can be lodged. The penal provisions in such cases are a maximum punishment of six months in jail and fine or both.
Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.