You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The Nightingale of South India receives lifetime achievement award in SIIMA.

My favorite play back singer S.Janaki yesterday receives lifetime achievement award South Indian International movie awards (SIIMA) in Singapore as I felt very happy and felt proud as she belongs to my born and brought up district i.e. Guntur, Andhra Pradesh which is the capital city of Andhra Pradesh. As she entertained for many years with her melodious voice and sweet voice. A great gesture for the SIIMA organizers to give this prestigious award to her.I request all the ISC members to wish her for her success.
    Great to know that Veteran Play back singer Janaki got the Life time achievement award at the SIIMA and that proves her ability to sing in all the South Indian languages and other languages in many voice suiting to the real actor playing on the screen. She is also popular to sing in child voice and thus Janaki has once again proved that keeping patience can bring name and fame automatically. Most of old Telugu songs are still playing in Vividh Bharathi and wish even modern FM stations must play old songs that includes the ones by Janaki too. One thing is sure, there may be new female singers, but no one match the voice of Janaki which is unique and great.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I used to feel really surprised when she used to modulate her voice suitable and realistic for singing songs which appear to be sung by child characters in the films. I feel she was superb and unique in this.
    ==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Thank you Bhushan for the information and true she is one among few who have made others happy with her melodious voice.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

S. Janaki is popularly known as the 'Nightingale of the South' and have so far received National Film Awards of 'Best Female Playback Singer' four times , twice for singing Tamil songs and once each for singing Telugu and Malyalam songs.
    She had sung the Hindi song 'Yaar Bina Chain Kahan Re' for the movie Saaheb starring Anil Kapoor & Amrita Singh and was nominated for 'Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer'.
    She is not known much in the northern part of India.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes Kailash these Dravidian language singers are not popular in North and even another P.Suseela only recently in Guinness records for more songs. But south celebrate both Bollywood and other wood singers as National TV and Radio popularised Hindi songs too here. You may be wonder for some generation before, even those who did not know Hindi will enjoy the Hindi songs more than regional songs.

But she had been in news for some years ago as she had rejected the Padma award.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

No doubt. Janaki is the great. A singer who can modulate her voice to match the actor. I like her 'Inji Iduppazhagi...Manja Sivappazhagi........Marakka Manam Kooduthillaiye.........................(A song from Tamil film "Thevar Magan') What a beautiful and lovely song of Janaki with actor Kamalahasan ! She deserves Padma awards, and even Bharat Ratna for her talent. But she rejected her Padma award as she was not recognized in time.
    No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments