You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Group Discussions

How can we celebrate ISC's birthday?

ISc has turned nine, and has been growing with every year.
    As VK madam has posted in this forum, it is time for a celebration!

Can we share ideas about how to celebrate ISC's birthday and make this week a memorable one?

My idea : We can contribute at least one valuable resource from our experience aligned with the objective of ISC: political discussions, travel forums, educational forums, gadget discussions, religions forums.

What is your idea and opinion?
    Well ISC administration must compile a write up and post the same in the first page of the forum which must indicate the travel down the memory lane. I know so many changes have taken place since the inception and all those days must be compiled and brought as the memorabilia. Moreover ISC must also honor those members who are with this site since long years. Honoring means not with money or award. Just a way of appreciation from three webmasters would go a long way to remember their cherished association with this site. I think there are hardly few members who are very old and staying with this site since its inception or little later stage.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I think all those members who have completed at least five years, are active and contributing continuously may be considered for finding some mention somewhere on the occasion of ISC birthday or anniversary.
    Also it is curious to note that all kind of suggestions are forthcoming on the day itself which indirectly indicates that the people were not much aware about the occasion.
    Any event has to be made memorable for the people to remember that. Raising few forum threads on such a momentous occasion may be a befitting commemoration of the event.
    However this year , two members were voted as inspirational members, but even in that differentiation was made by awarding Rs. 200 as cash prize to one inspirational member and Rs. 150 as cash prize to the other inspirational member.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

ISC week from 1st July to 7th July should be filled with joy and entertainment. The best entertainment is to conduct contests everyday for the next seven days. The contest should be interesting and the prizes should be attractive.
    No life without Sun ¤

Mr Kailash, why are you still trying to hold the pig by its tiny tail. You won't succeed, it will slip off your hands. Giving Rs 200/- or Rs 150/- isn't a issue, you should make a hue and cry. It's simple arithmetical calculations; the one who received the most votes got the top prize and the runners up got the 2nd prize. Is it that, you fail to understand such simple logic or you just want to make some issue and be in the limelight? Moreover Sir, it's the prerogative of the management how they will like to reward the winners, it's not for you or me to decide. We should instead concentrate on the thread, where the author has asked us our opinions about how best we can celebrate ISC's birthday.

Yes, felicitating senior members is a very good point, and why should we limit the responsibility to the admin only. We as members can also felicitate them by sending flowers and other gifts from our virtual gift shop. Why not make a good use of the gift shop and spread happiness to our seniors and among ourselves. And then, it won't be proper if we neglect the new members. We can send them gifts too, and welcome them into the ISC fold with open arms. After all sharing of gifts during a happy occasion is a custom, quite popular in the real world.

There is one more aspect I will like to put in front of you all. As far as ISC is concerned, the month prior to ISC's birthday, i.e. June, has been a special one, as there were numerous contests in this month and a good many number of members got awarded by one or the other award. So it has already been a kind of celebration for most. More such contests and awards in July, will only make it merrier.

Patience and perseverance pays

Dhruv, ISC & other members ,
    Would it not be nice if ISC declares the Inspirational award result to avoid any query from member like Kailash. The total number of votes polled, and the number of votes received by each member should not be kept as a secret. There could be more and more inspiring members with less votes other than the top Venkiteswaran and the next Juana. Why not we know the names of other members who have been voted? Is it wrong?

No life without Sun ¤

Remember Sun, we had a doodle contest a few months back, in which you were the winner and I too managed to get a prize? Why don't we, that includes every member of ISC, make such interesting doodles, banners or animations once again, showcasing ISC's birthday. Similarly, in one of the other threads, ar has also asked members to showcase their talent in making logos and slogans to celebrate the occasion. I for one, will try to make an animation on the subject. Let's see, whether I succeed or not. Others too may put on their creative hat and come up with something interesting.

Let us confine to the main point of discussion raised by the author. Yes, on the eve of this happy moment, I would contribute two resources and three updates during this week.

It is a good suggestion by the author. Contests and their c.c should not matter for a member when he is devoted to his work.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Here is the animation made by me to celebrate the occasion of ISC's birthday. The animation platform used, courtesy Moovly.

Well Dhruv,
    I appreciate your talent in creating animation. It would have been nice if you had created this animation in advance and posted on 01 July, the right date of ISC birthday. Anyway, Hats off to you for your wonderful creation.

No life without Sun ¤

Well done Dhruv. Very nice creation from you. Keep it up.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

#569957: Mr. Dhruv, just now I have seen the animation. It is really excellent. You really deserve the cash prize awarded to you.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Thanks Sun, thanks Jagdish and thanks Partha for your wonderful comments.

Though I enjoyed making the animation, there's a tragic part too associated with its making. It has perhaps cost me my participation in the TOW contest. On Sunday morning, while having a cuppa of tea, a late surge to take part in the TOW contest, took over me. So by 8 in the morning my draft for the topic "adventure" was ready and all that I had to do was edit and post it by noon. There was enough time before the ISC week would end. So instead of posting my TOW entry, I started working on the animation. I was so engrossed that only after 12 in the noon, I got to remember about my TOW thread. I had the inkling that the date at ISC changed at 1330 hrs, so I presumed I still had time to post. I hurried with the editing but it was at 1231 pm that I could finally post my TOW entry. Sadly the date showed 3rd July. I missed the date deadline by perhaps 1 or 2 minutes, just because I got too engrossed, making the animation.

Anyway, no regrets. I am more than happy that my animation has been appreciated by you all and thanks ISC for awarding me with 25 bucks. That was a very nice gesture.

That's wonderful animation Dhruv, this is what matters most for us, a heartfelt attachment with this site. And Dhruv's this work is the best proof which say 1000 words silently.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Thanks for your beautiful words, Jeets.

Sign In to post your comments