You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Results

Do intelligent students always do outstandingly well in life?

Parents are always pushing their child for studies right from primary years.
    All students are not of the same intellectual capability, lifestyle, attitude and habits.
    Intelligent students always do well in school and college.

Once they graduate and start working on their own or in companies the question is:
    Do intelligent students always do outstandingly well in life?
    How do they perform with respect to their less intellectual counterparts in life?

If you have come across any examples can you share your experience here.
    I am of the strong opinion that those students are good at studies, may not be successful in other areas and thus they get the draw back of not being cared and advised by others. Some students are very good at their academics and when it comes to testing of their general knowledge on other issues, they score zero point. Likewise some students are good at studies, and when we ask them to perform a dance or sing a song, they are not coming forward. So what I mean to say that mere studies is not enough and one must have the zeal to learn everything and do not fear about others or anything for that matter. Mingling with others is must to gain more knowledge.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Let me reduce the thread point to this:
    Do students who do outstandingly well in academic exams do similarly outstandingly well in life also ?".

Well, the answer is mixed Yes and No. It also depends on what success means to each- the candidates and those who judge.

Though all may not climb to the apex in their fields, from what I have seen till now, only very rare few among them fail utterly.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

On an academic discussion with a lawyer on knowing the trend of recent happenings of family court, one lawyer said, those who have fell in ditch(that is cheated by others) are only well qualified and outstanding record owners.

So I feel when they are very intelligent in their performance, they may not concentrate on other happening around and hence they can be easily cheated. So their life is a questionable and even I have witnessed these in a reality show in one of the regional channel too.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

The students who do outstandingly well in academic examination as evidenced by their score cards, not only establishes that they are intelligent, but they also demonstrate without any doubt that they had been sincere, hard working and disciplined as without such basic attributes, a students cannot achieve outstanding marks.
    Equipped with such basic attributes, such students are likely to perform well in all other realms of activities also in their future life.
    On the other hand students who manage their affairs by extra smartness and by adopting tactics to please others, are likely to not succeed in the long run, as they are bound to get exposed one day.
    Reputed companies employ candidates who are able to deliver results. In case the employees are able to contribute and enable the company earn phenomenally , then the company is likely to reciprocate by paying a pittance in lieu of the same. However the company bosses are not 'rich uncles' to continue to raise the incompetent employee in the long run.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments