Me, the logo of ISC - creative writing contestThis is ISC's birthday month! What better way than to have a unique creative writing contest?! Since this month on 19th July it is Guru Purnima and our logo reflects the Guru-Shishya tradition, this contest is centered on the logo (located in the top left-hand corner).
What you have to do: Write a creative story which is centered on the ISC logo. You should also include any one (not more) feature of ISC within your story and give a link to that feature. You can include in your story all the elements which are part of the logo (that is, it should be a part of the logo, even abstract part of it would do) or only a few of them. However, at least one element that is a visible part of the logo should be included in your story. Your story can include characters and conversations, but no names of general members or editors or Webmasters should be included. The story can be in any genre - mythological, contemporary, thriller, comedy, etc.
1. Only one entry per member is allowed. Please put a clickable link to this announcement thread at the end of your entry.
2. Submit your entry in the About IndiaStudyChannel.com category of the forum. Put a creative title with the word 'ISC' or IndiaStudyChannel included in it. Then submit the URL of your forum thread with a clickable link in a response in this thread.
3. Your entry should be in English, between 350 and 650 words. However, you can use any traditional Indian words too if relevant to your story. If doing so, at the end of the entry please mention the English meaning of it.
4. Do not submit short forms of words, slang or anything inappropriate. Adhere to forum posting guidelines and do not insult any individual, religion or community.
5. You are allowed to edit your entry at any time prior to the closing date, but not after that. Edits should be for correcting English errors or ensuring it is within the word limit or adding/deleting something. However, the main theme of your story should not be changed.
1. The 2 best stories get a cash award of Rs.150/- each. The next 3 in line will get Rs.100/- (2nd prize), Rs.75/- (3rd prize) and Rs.50/- (one or two consolation prizes).
2. Enhanced points and cash credits may be give for each entry based on the quality.
Last date to submit your entry: 10th July 2016 (Sunday). When the date at ISC changes to 11th, the entries dated 11th & later will be considered as invalid.
Go on….write something creative in honour of ISC!