You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Me, the logo of ISC - creative writing contest

This is ISC's birthday month! What better way than to have a unique creative writing contest?! Since this month on 19th July it is Guru Purnima and our logo reflects the Guru-Shishya tradition, this contest is centered on the logo (located in the top left-hand corner).

What you have to do: Write a creative story which is centered on the ISC logo. You should also include any one (not more) feature of ISC within your story and give a link to that feature. You can include in your story all the elements which are part of the logo (that is, it should be a part of the logo, even abstract part of it would do) or only a few of them. However, at least one element that is a visible part of the logo should be included in your story. Your story can include characters and conversations, but no names of general members or editors or Webmasters should be included. The story can be in any genre - mythological, contemporary, thriller, comedy, etc.

Instructions
    1. Only one entry per member is allowed. Please put a clickable link to this announcement thread at the end of your entry.
    2. Submit your entry in the About IndiaStudyChannel.com category of the forum. Put a creative title with the word 'ISC' or IndiaStudyChannel included in it. Then submit the URL of your forum thread with a clickable link in a response in this thread.
    3. Your entry should be in English, between 350 and 650 words. However, you can use any traditional Indian words too if relevant to your story. If doing so, at the end of the entry please mention the English meaning of it.
    4. Do not submit short forms of words, slang or anything inappropriate. Adhere to forum posting guidelines and do not insult any individual, religion or community.
    5. You are allowed to edit your entry at any time prior to the closing date, but not after that. Edits should be for correcting English errors or ensuring it is within the word limit or adding/deleting something. However, the main theme of your story should not be changed.

Awards
    1. The 2 best stories get a cash award of Rs.150/- each. The next 3 in line will get Rs.100/- (2nd prize), Rs.75/- (3rd prize) and Rs.50/- (one or two consolation prizes).

2. Enhanced points and cash credits may be give for each entry based on the quality.

Last date to submit your entry: 10th July 2016 (Sunday). When the date at ISC changes to 11th, the entries dated 11th & later will be considered as invalid.

Go on….write something creative in honour of ISC!
    Nice idea! I hope everyone participates eagerly .

This is my entry to this celebration of two occasions Guru Poornima as well as the series of Me contests on the occasion of ISC birthday.

Me in ISC-ISC itself showed me who am I?

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Madam, Vandana Madam,
    Here is my entry for 'Me, the Logo of ISC' creative writing contest. Sun of ISC with the Logo of ISC

No life without Sun ¤

Hi mam,this is my entry for the contest.
    ISC motivated my Upkarashrama

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

My humble effort for kind consideration:-
    A guide and three civil services aspirants observe the logo of ISC

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Mam,
    Here is my entry-I am the little birdie of ISC conveying, 'Ignorance is NOT bliss'

My entry -
    Tom, Dick and Harry and the mesmerising logo of IndiaStudyChannel

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Here is the contribution from my side:

For Me, the ISC is Gurukul

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Please find below the link for my entry-
    Learning has no end- A lesson taught by ISC logo

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My entry for the contest

Beautiful tree of the ISC logo enjoying every moment of it

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.