You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why politicians wont vacate their place after tenure or pay less rent to government ?

It is expressly understood and to be followed that when ever a politician tenure is over or lost the election, he must vacate the government accommodation and give way for new incumbent. But invariably we have seen that they wont vacate and instead pick up confrontation with the government. In some cases the politicians are paying pittance as rent when the same would certainly demand more. One of senior leader of Congress is paying 28,000 as rent to government when the same would fetch 4,00,000 to the Nation. Why such laxity ?
    Nowadays some of the MPs, MLAs and other representatives of people have forgotten the dutues and responsibilities associated with their respective positions. They feel that they have been elected by people so that people can serve them (not the other way round)! They also think that the perks and privileges associated with their position is for life-long, not for five years.

As a result we see M.Ps don't want to vacate their bungalows at Lutyen's Delhi even after they are defeated in elections, MLAs want bigger accommodation, corporators and panchayat members want official accommodations and increase in salary every year.

It is the duty of enlightened citizens to show the peoples' representatives their proper place in society.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I feel that our law has so many loopholes which is utilized very well by these politicians. I don't see a good future if this situation continues. Some of the politicians are adamant about this and they also don't consider this as an option at all.

In order to change this situation I believe there should be a big change in the society and people should come forward to ask questions. Unity is not very good among the people. They should be well aware about such situations and come forward to show their strength towards these problems.

Thanks and Regards,
    S Balasubramanian

Quote: "It doesn't matter what we want. once we get it, then we want something else."

The banglow of Ajit Singh, former aviation minister and Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) chief at 12, Tughlak Road was a classical example of such cases. Chaudhary Charan Singh had lived in the bungalow for a long time since 1977 and later Ajit Singh moved in there.
    The bungalow was allotted to Sarbananda Sonowal, Sports and Youth Affairs, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister of BJP Government, after the historic defeat of UPA constituent political parties in the year 2014. There was demand to convert the banglow into a memorial for former PM Chaudhary Charan Singh. Later there was protests by RLD supporters in Ghaziabad and other parts of western Uttar Pradesh when the power supply of the banglow was snapped by New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments