You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

My serious doubt about declaration of result after a secret ballot.

Dear Members,
    I have a serious doubt about declaration of result after a secret ballot. After conductiog the election through the ecret ballot, how the election results are declared? Is it just to announce the name of the candidate winning the election or to announce the names of all candidates with the number of votes they received? What is the general practice being followed/should be followed?

For E.g. Mr Alfa, Mr Bravo and Mr Charlie are the candidates contesting the election conducted through secret ballot. Mr. Charlie won the election with maximum votes. Once the election is over, how the result should be announced? I have given two options below. Choose the correct option and explain it.

(1) Mr. Charlie won the election.

(2)
    Total votes polled - 200
    Mr. Charlie 101 votes and declared as elected
    Mr. Alfa - 68 votes
    Mr. Bravo - 31 votes.
    Mr. Sun: No comments on the subject of the thread. However, I would like to know the reason for omitting Delta. You have mentioned three Companies, viz., Alpha, Bravo and Charlie. What has happened to Delta, the fourth Company? Have you kept it in reserve?
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha,
    I simply showed an example with Mr. Alfa, Bravo and Charlie. There could be Mr. Delta, Mr. Echo and Mr. Foxtrot too. There is no limit to add. Why no comments? There should be some answer to the problem.

No life without Sun ¤

Some times we have to have full trust on the administration. By the way why should they play with the wrong decision. Just ponder over and never create such threads which casts spell on ISC administrative abilities.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mr. Mohan,
    I raised a general doubt, not pertaining to ISC. Answer me sincerely if you can. Don't presume and post responses with advices and suggestions to the author. This is to improve our general awareness about secret ballot and the declaration of result. If you know something, say something. Otherwise better to keep 0ff. Please don't respond to score points without any valid point.

No life without Sun ¤

You have raised this thread to score attention and points. By responding it does not amount to aiming at point. When you are doing mistake it is our privilege to point out the mistake. By the way there is no express rule to share the internal information in any organization. And ISC is following the same.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mohan,
    You said "You have raised this thread to score attention and points." It is true that I have raised this thread to call the attention of members and to request them to post their valid responses for which forum is meant.

You said" When you are doing mistake it is our privilege to point out the mistake." What is my mistake that you have pointed out?

You are turning out to be a different forum member, these days, with meaningless responses.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

Why are you trying to spoil others' mood by making a mountain of a mole hill? It was ISC's foundation day - party time, and you just spoiled others' mood with your irrelevant responses about the date of initiating of the thread in that thread. What difference did it make whether the thread was posted at 10 AM or at 1 PM. Everybody was in jovial mood & you just spoiled it.

You are not aware of the time & effort the editors put in for conducting contests, etc.. Instead of appreciating their efforts, you are always trying to find faults in their work. The admin wanted to award the most inspirational member award to the best member and they did it by the consent of all the members. It was a secret ballot & they don't want to reveal the details. So, what is the big deal about it? Please learn to appreciate others' occasionally instead of ridiculing others in the garb of fun.

I agree with Mohan's viewpoint that you are trying to draw attention towards yourself. You want to know whether any member nominated you for the most inspirational member award, isn't it?

Please desist from the attention-seeking tactics.

Sorry Gypsy,
    You have also mistaken. While I appreciate the good efforts, I also point out mistakes if any. ISC is a transparent site. It is not that I want to know whether I am one among the Inspired members. Sorry No. I wish to know how many members of ISC other than Venkiteswaran and Juana have been inspired by the other members (This can be seen from the total votes polled). If announced, it will not make any difference to ISC Admin or the award winners and other members. I did not spoil the mood of all the ISC members. Madam ME feels it so. Can't help.

ISC may follow a different procedure of secret ballot. The purpose of secret ballot and procedure for declaration of results after a secret ballot has to be explained and understood.

@ Gypsy Sir, You are a great ISCian. You had no time to congratulate the Inspirational award winners of ISC, but have time to intervene in this thread. What to say? It is your good habit not to congratulate the members but to wait for such controversial threads, only to spoil the mood of the author and others. Sorry, Can't help.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

I do appreciate & congratulate others in my own way. It need not be through forums. It is not my habit to post a response for scoring points or for seeking attention, like you do. It can be through a gift or by a mail too.

Why do you not understand two things -
    -> that how much amount of time & efforts do the editors put in for those contests & other activities? So, it hurts when somebody like Sun, the experienced & senior member, tries to find fault in their activities instead of appreciating their efforts.
    -> if the admin don't want to disclose something then there is nothing wrong with that. There may be a reason behind that. Even if there isn't any reason, then also it is their prerogative. Why do you keep on interfering in everything?

And do cut those sarcastic remarks out. Do be direct instead of wrapping your barbs in pink papers.

By the way, you did admit yourself (in #569999 ) that this raised raised by you is controversial, isn't it? Just why do you always try to create controversies & accuse others of misdemeanor? Just grow up Sun and act your age!!

Gypsy,
    A genuine subject has been turned into controversial subject by the act of certain members. and you always take advantage of such controversy at ISC.
    @ It looks silly when most members can congraulate the members in a open forum, one odd member congratulates through mail. No doubt, you are a peculiar guy at ISC. This is an END.

No life without Sun ¤

Who initiated this controversial thread, did I? No, Sun. You did it. I am just trying to drill some sense into you.

Your actions do not befit a senior & experienced member of the site. You should try to guide others and should not try to rake up undue controversies.

If you want the editors to lock the thread (I inferred from your following words:- This is an END), then you may forward the request since, as a thread initiator, it is your prerogative.

I too second Gypsy over his opinion about sending congratulatory messages to winners. I have received gifts and congratulatory notes from Gypsy, whenever I did well. Actually, the inspiration to send gifts to others, I ingrained it from Gypsy, when I found that most members have received a gift or two from him. It is so wonderful of him. It's his style of felicitating the winners, and one which is to be respected.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Members,
    My "This is an End " is to Mr Gypsy only. Other members are welcome to post their responses for the next 10 days or until the editors lock this thread, whichever is earlier.

No life without Sun ¤

Dhruv,
    It would please more if a gift is sent in addition to a congratulatory message in the forum.

I do post a message and also send a gift to the deserving members.

No life without Sun ¤

I had received my first gift from Gypsy only. Also only he has enabled me to learn as to how to send gifts.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Ohh Sun!

Despite of your five years at ISC, you still haven't learnt that you cannot stop me from posting a response in any thread, even if it is your thread.

Moreover, you find my way of appreciation as silly? Nothing can be more absurd & laughable than that. How low can you stoop & how much ridiculous you can be just to prove your point?

Members,
    This thread is going off the track with irrelevant responses from members. Let us have it on its original track. Please try to clear my doubt about declaration of result after a secret ballot."

@ My Dear fellow ISCian,
    Through this thread, something good that you should know and practice. If a member doesn't wish to prolong the discussion with a particular member, he can say "The END"to that member and stop responding to the members response. The other member has his prerogative and might continue to post his response which should be ignored and not responded.

No life without Sun ¤

Yet another of your ridiculous idea to say "The END". How much illogical can you be, Sun?

Dear Members,
    So far, no one has responded to my thread with the options provided. Intelligent Members can search the net and find out as to how an election result through secret ballot is announced.

In a secret ballot, only the names of voters and the details to whom they voted remain as a secret. The name of the candidate and the total number of votes polled, and the number of votes received by each candidate is never a secret.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun, before offering you any clarification on the uncalled for topic, I have a query. Did you cast your vote? If yes, who did you vote for?
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

He must 've voted for himself, Saji. He gets inspired by looking at himself in the mirror.

Sun,
    Who started deviating from the topic?! It was you, Sun, in your response #569999 with your camouflaged barbs about posting congratulatory messages etc...

Mr. Saji,
    I did vote for the member who inspired me. It was a request from ME to vote, and I assured her that I would vote on the last day, if you remember.

But I won't disclose the name of the member to whom I have voted. Someone has received my vote. He could have won or lost.

Did you vote Mr. Saji? Say only yes or no.

The member who says 'He himself voted for himself, Saji' - I think the member has not read Vandana's instruction 'Self voting not allowed'

@ Saji, I object the Response # 570089 as irrelevant. As a responsible forum Editor, kindly take action as deemed fit.

No life without Sun ¤

In my personal opinion it was better that the details of polling were not revealed. As far as I could assess out of about 8,60,000 registered members of ISC, only 5 to 10 members participated and cast their votes. I would have been quite embarrassing to reveal such an outcome.
    I had not voted in the poll. I had few members and lead editors in my mind, who had influenced me directly or indirectly, but I refrained from casting my vote.
    Basically the idea of portraying such an activity as a 'contest' didn't appealed me.
    Also in my opinion all editors should be inspirational to the members in addition to few outstanding members like those who have won the poll.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Saji,

I object to the response #569999 (which was way-too-much earlier than my response to which Sun has objected) by Sun directed at me.

Sun,

You haven't changed your habits. You hit someone below the belt with your irrelevant responses and when the other person hits you back, you start crying foul & making a lot of noise. C'mon Sun!

Mr Sun, firstly, I did not cast a vote. Secondly, are you disagreeing to the result? Why did you raise such an objection when you yourself is not ready to name the person you have voted for? Do you think that Venkiteswaran sir or Juana does not deserve the same (I can measure the undercurrent)? Be brave and come out with your observation. ISC is transparent (though it seems you don't believe so) and do take criticism seriously.

And regarding your request, I remember having read somewhere that you reap what you sow.

Gypsy, point noted.

I am keeping this thread open (till today evening)for responsible responses if any.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Saji,
    Sorry to note that you did not vote. Then you have no right to ask me whether I have voted or not. Also I don't understand you. Being an editor, You too misunderstand things and join hand with other misunderstanding members. As an intelligent editor, you should have read my thread title and summary and responded with an answer. Instead, you have gone out of your way to question me with the selection process of Inspirational members. Now the election is over, and we can declare boldly to whom we voted.

Please understand that I never(never) raised any objection to the declaration of the 'Inspirational member award". I wished to know only the details of votes(number) polled and received by the candidates.

Finally, I would say that I voted for a well deserving member for the 'Inspirational Member Award".

I would also say that ISC has adopted and conducted a different type of secret ballot without any transparency in announcing the results.

@ Saji, This thread has not provided me the right answer despite 25 responses as the spoilers have intruded. As there is no one to understand the core of my thread, you may lock it.

This is my END to all.

No life without Sun ¤

Voting is over, prize (money) has been distributed. So, why there is so much hullabaloo over the result! Why can't we enjoy without fighting?
    Mr. Sun, why don't you try to get this award next year? You have almost one year to inspire others!

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Mr Sun, I did not vote but I didn't raise any doubt either! Why are you asking for details if you have even a small belief in the admin? I am not saying that you should not have any doubts but the same should be reasonable. The responses above must have been accepted by you and you should have preferred to be silent, but no, because then, you can't be the Sun you are! Simply understand that my responses are straight and you know that.

I will leave this thread open till today evening if you have anything to say in addition to what you have already said.

Saji Ganesh@70105 ,
    I would request you to arrange removal of my name from your post and review and amend your response in a suitable way without specifying my name. I think you can discuss safely without dragging my name. If my name is dragged here, then I also may have to enter into it making the discussion more messy. I am keeping deliberate distance from the discussion.

Till post 570105 my name was not mentioned in any of the responses directly. So my request is based on reasons of propriety and avoiding further controversy and unwelcome exchanges.
    I hope you will do needful.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Venkiteswaran sir, I don't see any need for you to be worried. The author of this thread has visibly taken an opposition to the decision by the admin and he is very well aware of the reason. I had mentioned your name and that of your co-winner specifically because I am sure that no one would object the decision. Sir, please bear with me.

Sir, I suggest you to keep away! I will be locking this thread by evening if the author has nothing sensible to say.

Saji,
    Sorry to come back. It is not expected from an editor to deny the humble and simple request of a member who has been awarded with 'Inspirational Member Award". His request has a reason. While I have only said Mr. Alfa, Bravo and Charlie, you are actually displaying the names here.

Also you have used a language " Keep away". Can't you use a more polite language than this to a senior member who requested you very politely to remove his name from the response. Does it cost you anything?

Since I have said 'This is an End to all' and permitted to lock this thread, you have kept it open to have a mess of it.

You need to change your attitude. Name calling is your PET habit. Otherwise you would not have used the name Subramanyaswamy in my thread.

Hope to see some changes in Editor Saji Ganesh.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun, you have to come back and I knew you would. You may say Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and I may be direct because the thread is about an announcement and I don't fear taking names. You don't have to take the refuge of a senior member after having raised a question about his eligibility. I have not done anything wrong as an editor here.

Mr Sun, you have to come back and I knew you would. You may say Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and I may be direct because the thread is about an announcement and I don't fear taking names. You don't have to take the refuge of a senior member after having raised a question about his eligibility. I have not done anything wrong as an editor here and 'Keep away' is something that I have learned from you. So, let it all be not mere 'FUN'.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.