You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Mile Sur Mera Tumhara

ISC has just completed 9 successful year. I wish from my bottom of heart that it continues its journey many more years to come. We all know the importance of this wonderful site in our life. And we all call it as a family. We fight here, argue here, debate here but most importantly we work as an unit for this site. ISC no doubt is like mini India which shows real Unity in Diversity.

The Independence Day is next month and thinking this I have a suggestion. Why not all our members record National Anthem in his/her voice and attach it to one thread. So far ISC not into attaching voice or videos. However, I would request to the Webmasters and Admin to allow us to record National Anthem in our voice to a thread specially posted for that just for one day.

My suggestion may not match with this site's policy but just imagine if we all sing our National Anthem in our voice and attached here, how incredible it would be!
    Let's match our Sur and sing all together.

Members are requested to voice thier suggestions for this matter.
    I think every member can attempt the National anthem and post the same in the Youtube and give the video link embedded to this site so that everyone can have the view of the member singing.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Good Idea Sir which can be done by any one individually but here I am talking about our ISCian singing in one stage.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

An excellent proposal from Mr. Jeets modified by Mr. Mohan! I fully support this proposal.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Yes. We should sing our National Anthem, and our voice should be heard by our own ISC family members and outsiders. Let us see how many of us can sing well.

ISC should create 'ISC's Best Singer Award' and award it on 15th August.

No life without Sun ¤

If Vandana can give her mobile number to active participants, we can sing the National anthem and upload same to her and let the webmaster compile the same to make it as a group song. Special soft ware is available to mingle all the voice in chorus. Any takers ?
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

We are not competing for the best singer award, we are showing respect to our country by singing National Anthem. So, we should not attached any award or reward for this.

Mr. Mohan, there is no need to get anyone's personal mobile number. What you are saying the same can be done by e-mails.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Mr. Jeets,
    For anything and everything money matters lot. So, an award is essential to encourage to sing our National anthem. Just look at the active GD of Mr. Mohan and compare it with any other Active GD conducted by ISC Admin. The GD starves for responses from members as it has no cash awards.

ISC should devise a means to hear the sweet voice/noise of our members.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun, I am surprised and shocked that you are comparing singing National Anthem with a GD or say any contest in ISC? This is a song, I mean which should comes out automatic from our heart without any expectation.

Jeets,
    Will a singer sing on stage without being paid? We all sing National Anthem, but not for publicity. Your good call to sing National Anthem and produce an Audio at ISC is for publicity to the viewers of the internet.

I expect ISC to conduct an 'ISC MEET' in which all the members of ISC should sing National Anthem and get recorded as a video. It should be uploaded as a Video on youtube. It should be titled "India Study Channel and Indian National Anthem (ISC and INA)

No life without Sun ¤

Jeets, the idea of singing the National Anthem by ISC members, is highly commendable. It is a matter of pride for every citizen to be able to sing the National Anthem. But I am wondering about the logistical part, how it will be arranged. Since you require that, it be sung in a group by ISC members, it won't be simple to compile all the songs sung by different members at different tempos. The tempo will not be the same. Some members may go fast and some slow. When you combine all of them, more than music it will be a cacophony, hardly pleasing to the ears.

Perhaps what we can do is, at an appointed hour of the day, we can all stand up, wherever we are and sing the National Anthem. Yes, it won't be heard by the other members, but we can feel good from the fact that, even though separated by distance, at one given time many ISCians are singing the Anthem. Anyway, let's hope, members come out with some innovative solutions.

Patience and perseverance pays

As long as I can remember our Indian National Anthem which is in our hearts, we need not sing and show our patriotism. Yes. As and when we get an opportunity to attend an official function where National Anthem is to be sung, we should go with the group and sing our glorious National Anthem. I don't think it appropriate for the virtual ISCians to stand erect and sing our National Anthem at an appointed hour in front of our computer screen.

According to my thinking, all ISCians are patriots and they love their own country from their heart. No external show off is required by singing our National Anthem. The National Anthem is in our heart and blood.

It is Ok for young students in the schools and colleges to sing National Anthem to get it into their heart, but not the ISCians who are supposed to be well educated and matured with grey hair.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun, you are talking as if all the ISCian are professional singers! My suggestion was so simple which you have made it complex by your own style of arguing. By the way those who wants to get paid for (including you), please exclude yourself from being a part of my suggestions. There should not be any arguments or debate on this matter any further. Also, I am selecting Independence Day, a day anyone can sing National Anthem with pride.

Dhruv, I never said that we should all sing and record as a chorus. Please read my thread, I have said that ISCian those who are willing to sing, will record his singing and post/attach as a response in a special thread. It is just impossible unless we all came under one roof to sing as chorus.

I have to put in record my sincere appreciation of the author's idea about the theme 'Mile Sur Mera Tumhara'.
    I think even if it is not becoming practically possible to upload the National Anthem recorded in individual members voice, the members can resolve to continue to subscribing to the philosophy of 'Mile Sur Mera Tumhara', as has been the case so far.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Jeets,
    Singing National Anthem on Independence day or any other day is OK. But Singing National Anthem, getting it recorded, having it uploaded on net is a laborious job. And what good it does to ISCians? Is it not a fruitless vain effort on the name of patriotism?

No life without Sun ¤

Sun, it seems you are not aware of Android mobile phones, the task which used to look difficult, has become so easy with these devices. I am sure maximum people use now android phone, even if one do not have android, attaching through laptop or computer is not as laborious as you are talking about.

When, I had this thought, I thought like a citizen of India without going into deep whether it will bring any good to ISC, whether it is fruitful? However, patriotism is an attitude which should comes out honestly without any expectation.

Jeets,
    One has to have his own patriotic feeling in his/her heart. One need not show case to others that he is a patriot by singing National Anthem in the public or any other patriotic feeling. The real patriots are those who lived when there was no gadgets available to get their video or audio. The present day patriots are those who show off themselves who need a mike and amplifier, who need a videographer, and who need a media or TV reporter.

The task might have become easy with the modern gadgets, but what is the need to do it? You are a musician and might like others to hear your music for entertainment. Otherwise you will not be seen as a musician. What is there in National Anthem for others to hear?

No life without Sun ¤

Sun, I don't think I should agree with your own personal thinking. You do whatever your heart say and let me do what I feel right. If you don't like my suggestion, please stay away from this thread and let others say their words.

Jeets
    Whatever we may discuss here, ultimately, I am not going to sing National Anthem for you. I think many may agree with your suggesion/proposal, but may not sing and upload it here or elsewhere, I am sure. This is what the ISC I see. I am going off. The END.

No life without Sun ¤

Thank you so much Sun, see you again in next thread.

Intention here is really good but do not seem to be practically possible. All I can do is write national anthem to show my support for both occasion ISC birthday and national independence day.
    Sun, I agree that money linked to contest matters but not Everytime. Many contest with promising cash benefits do not go well here. So money do not guarantee success of thread. And we also should not expect that every good intention must come with cash benefits. Let something remain free as goodwill.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Chitra,
    Mile sur mere Tumhara .
    Do you think all the singers and actors involved in the singing of 'Mile sur mere Tumhara' have not been paid. I am sure they must have been paid lot to get connected with their sur.

While the singers are paid to sing such songs, the common man is requested to sing free.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun, writers are also paid for writing everything, are you going to ask for cash benefits for above response also. Or you do ask for money when you sings happy B'day to your child/friend or someone?
    Do not sing if you are not interested but appreciate a thought the way it should be appreciated, if you feel connected to the thread.
    You may have tried to find anything close or similar that may complete thread author's good intention. You are creative and capable to find positive alternative in place of denying and finding faults in it.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Chitra,
    Singing National Anthem should not be a compulsion in a public forum. Singing Happy birthday song is an in-house affair, not a public show. I did appreciate the author for creating a thread with good intention, but we are discussing the possiblities and impossibilities relating to singing of National Anthem on Internet.

No life without Sun ¤

Jeets,

I truly liked your idea very much. I am discussing with Tony Sir about the attachment feature in the forum, whether an audio clip can be directly attached like the way we do for an image. Then those who wish can attach individually their own audio clips in one common thread. I am also going to try and see if I can record my voice rendering of the national anthem with somebody's smart phone. It would give me great pride to do so. It would be a first for me since I have no clue at all about such technical things, but ISC has taught me so many things, so why not I learn this too! I can't promise I will be able to do so, but will try for sure.

And I definitely do not expect or want any cash credits for singing my country's national anthem.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Jeets,

We will not be able to individually upload our voices via an audio clip attachment. Tony Sir said it would load the server up and create technical problems for the site. He said we could upload on YouTube and embed the video-audio in a response, as suggested by K Mohan. So let's give it a go.

I remember uploading some years back a video about ISC on YouTube for a contest here. Let me try out this idea of yours too. There is still over a month to go for 15th August, so will try to find time on weekends to work on this.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Chitra,
    Thank you for your valuable reply to this thread.

ME, when I had posted this thread, I too had doubt if this can be done or not specially here in ISC. However, I am glad that some members liked my idea and they gave their own suggestions and support including you.

If in future such thread would be posted where we could upload our video or audio clip via other social media, I would be happy to participate in it and sing National Anthem for my country proudly without any expectation.

Please close this thread as per your convenient, the purpose of this thread is completed now. Thank you members for your responses.

Sign In to post your comments