You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Telangana

Complaint lodged against Asad Owaisi for legally supporting terrorists

A police complaint was lodged on Sunday against AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi in Hyderabad over his decision to provide legal help to five arrested terror suspects while a petition seeking a sedition case against him was filed in a court in Meerut. As Mr. Owaisi came under attack, BJP and JD(U) demanded action against him and his immediate arrest. BJP slammed Mr. Owaisi for this extremely controversial and unfortunate decision and accused him of betraying the country and sought action against him for helping the terror group.

Leaving aside the politics of political parties, common people must protest and resist this type of activities which directly or indirectly benefit the terror groups. We must ostracise these type of political leaders from mainstream politics.
    I hope Owaisi's detractors are aware of the difference between suspicion and conviction. By the BJP secretary's statements, it does not look like the party is very educated about the legal system. Our legal system is based on a tradition of individuals being innocent until proven guilty. Owaisi has an absolute right to provide legal help to suspected individuals. Every defendant has the right to an attorney to plead their case.

If providing suspects a legal defence is "benefiting terror groups", as the BJP says, then perhaps we should do away with our modern legal system, and impose some kind of barbaric system of justice, where suspects are immediately considered convicts, without any kind of trial, and subsequently lynched and murdered in the streets.

Yes, Mr. Hermes, you are absolutely correct to point out the difference between 'suspect' and 'convicted'. But the onus of providing legal assistance to the suspects does not lie with any political party or political leader. The onus is primarily on the relatives and friends of such suspects. When a political leader goes out of the way to provide legal assistance to the terror suspects, the motive behind such action will always be questioned.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Demanding a political leader be arrested, filing legal complaints against him and declaring that he is an active sympathiser of terrorism, doesn't sound like "questioning his motives" to me. It sounds more like directed bigotry and a severe disregard for the legal process.

Although I am not an expert on legal issues, I think every person has the right to lodge complaint if he/she feels that his/her fundamental rights are being violated by some action, or the integrity of the country is in danger. It is the duty of law-enforcing authorities look into the matter. Why don't we take the complaint against Owaisi in that spirit? Let the law-enforcing authority check the matter!
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Incidentally Asaduddin Owaisi has studied L.L.B and Barrister-at-Law (Lincolns Inn) at London, England. He therefore knows law and the consequences of indulging in illegal activities. Now see the following facts -
    1. AIMIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was arrested for sedition, criminal conspiracy, waging war against India and creating enmity between communities and for his speeches in Nizamabad and Nirmal in the year 2013.
    2. Asaduddin Owaisi and Akbarruddin were booked for charges related to manhandling the Medak district collector in the year 2005.
    3. AIMIM leader Syed Ahmed Pasha Quadri, the MLA of Charminar constituency has cases registered against him for making hate speeches against Mahatma Gandhi.
    4. Cases are registered against few more AIMIM for hate speeches.
    5. There was a controversy when, Owaisi had said that he will never raise the slogan Bharat Mata Ki Jai.
    The percentage of Muslim voters is increasing in India with the increase in percentage of Muslims in Indian population and the party had won two seats in the 2014 Maharashtra Legislative Assembly election.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments